XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

So I just realized that the next time one of these marvel movies releases, it won’t feel the same because Elon Musk ruined Twitter and I can’t do a proper reaction watch anymore without paying him money.

Edited by eddyxx

On 1/31/2024 at 6:58 PM, Daxtreme said:

I'll take a good story with bad green screen over a garbage story with great CGI any day of the week

What about a garbage story with horrible CGI like secret invasion or she-hulk?

So, I watched The Marvels. It wasn't bad at all.

But it's not going to affect future Marvel films at all, because other than the final scene and post-credits sequence (like in most Marvel films), it was a completely standalone film. Why was everyone acting like it wasn't?

8 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

So, I watched The Marvels. It wasn't bad at all.

But it's not going to affect future Marvel films at all, because other than the final scene and post-credits sequence (like in most Marvel films), it was a completely standalone film. Why was everyone acting like it wasn't?

How can you say that? The Skrulls are left homeless and SWORD's destruction means Fury's returned to earth. This is a direct lead-in for that upcoming Secret Invasion show where millions of extra skrulls infiltrate earth society and Fury's forced to deal with the situation.

Why was everyone acting like it wasn't?

Because that's the accidental genius of the post credit tease. The film ends promising two previously unannounced big crossover events (young avengers & X-Men). 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Guess all of the old Fox properties get previews this week.

Huh... 

I'll watch it but I expected something different, in all honesty.

Well, colour me surprised. This looks a lot better than I'd expected going off of the leaks claiming this'd have the bland What If look. This trailer definitely won me over, so I'll watch this, especially since I could use a good primer into the X-Men pathos before they eventually make it back to film.

I wonder why we've been getting such a big Marvel news blowout this week. The Deadpool 3 trailer, the Fantastic Four cast and this were all unleashed within less than a week of each other. I worry it's because some awful news is about to leak out in the next day or two and this is them trying to get ahead of that by dropping these big announcements. The memory of the Hugh Jackman reveal dropping on the same day Blade lost its first director is too fresh in my mind. I really hope that's not the case, and that this is them just trying to win their fans back after the rough couple of years they've gad.

41 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Guess all of the old Fox properties get previews this week.

Did they run out money? Why does this look like a newgrounds cartoon haha

25 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I wonder why we've been getting such a big Marvel news blowout this week. The Deadpool 3 trailer, the Fantastic Four cast and this were all unleashed within less than a week of each other.

Well, the FF cast has been reported forever so I think they just decided to just go ahead and finally make it official since even the director let slip Pascal was Reed, plus they were already gonna give an update when they shifted the dates up. Deadpool at the Super Bowl was always a no brainer and with a March 20th date X-Men basically had to start promotion now. So basically just a very fortunate series of coincidences.

Edited by SpiderByte

This trailer also gets huge points for me for doing something that X-Men adaptations, live action and animated, have been not doing for literally decades:

Cyclops actually being the one in charge. He gets sidelined so much because Wolverine constantly overshadows him. That he got the big cool moment at the end gives me a lot of hope they got that element right.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I wonder why we've been getting such a big Marvel news blowout this week. The Deadpool 3 trailer, the Fantastic Four cast and this were all unleashed within less than a week of each other. I worry it's because some awful news is about to leak out in the next day or two and this is them trying to get ahead of that by dropping these big announcements. The memory of the Hugh Jackman reveal dropping on the same day Blade lost its first director is too fresh in my mind. I really hope that's not the case, and that this is them just trying to win their fans back after the rough couple of years they've gad.

Isn't the default assumption is that this is all related to Disney corporate politicking (combined with having things spaced out to air alongside the superbowl)? 
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-board-shareholders-letter/

It could also be attempting to use goodwill of Deadpool 3 trailer (given insane viewership) as a shield to launch attention to weaker projects (regardless of the timing of stuff like F4 or Mando, I suspect they always wanted to pair D3 with the more niche X-Men TV show to increase basic interest awareness among people who watched X-Men movies). 

• Like 1