Cap

THE UNMARVELOUS WEEKEND THREAD | FEATURING MELTDOWNS, ARMCHAIR ANALYSIS, AND SEXISM

2 minutes ago, YachtyLogs said:

At this point I feel like we're just waiting on the cinemascore and estimates for Friday to hit so I think it's understandable to discuss the ramifications of this historic flop. 

I would not be surprised with a C+. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

What was amazing about Joker was it broke out almost in all the markets it opened. It actually beat Endgame in certain markets !!! That was the 1st big movie I tracked and I remember it having just 11 days of presales but it just motored on towards huge previews and then amazing Sunday hold(it increased 3m+ from estimates). 2nd weekend hold was also crazy strong and it finished with great multiplier considering it was outside summer or holidays. Overseas holds were even more stunning. 

Not sure if Sequel can capture the same Zeitgeist as the 1st movie. but it breaking out in all the markets make me more optimistic for overseas number than domestic. That sense it has a greater ceiling that even Bats 2. Domestic I expect Joker 2 to drop. How much we will only know closer to release. Trailer metrics, social media buzz will tell the tale for sure. 

I think Joker2 will be fine, it's distinct enough that superhero fatigue won't touch it and the addition of Gaga and some musical bits will keep it fresh enough. Probably not enough to exceed or even match the original really, but it will do good.

18 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

What was amazing about Joker was it broke out almost in all the markets it opened. It actually beat Endgame in certain markets !!! That was the 1st big movie I tracked and I remember it having just 11 days of presales but it just motored on towards huge previews and then amazing Sunday hold(it increased 3m+ from estimates). 2nd weekend hold was also crazy strong and it finished with great multiplier considering it was outside summer or holidays. Overseas holds were even more stunning. 

Not sure if Sequel can capture the same Zeitgeist as the 1st movie. but it breaking out in all the markets make me more optimistic for overseas number than domestic. That sense it has a greater ceiling that even Bats 2. Domestic I expect Joker 2 to drop. How much we will only know closer to release. Trailer metrics, social media buzz will tell the tale for sure. 

Agree. The first one was a true lightning in a bottle run. Those are near impossible to replicate 

11 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Who is the triggered admin that wrote the thread title? LMAO

Maybe add misogynists while you are at it pal.

Why it so hard to admit that people don't to watch crap served by Marvel anymore and instead blame other factors that are not responsible.

Continue like that and see how that fake Captain America movie is going to do or Thunderbolts if it's ever gonna happen.

We have to start distinguishing between people not wanting crappy CBMs and people not wanting CBMs in general. Loki just went out with a bang and twitter was buzzing all last night. GOTG 3 and ATSV were super successful.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Well, I'm going to keep discussing The Marvels flopping and the larger implications on the MCU. Because this is a weekend thread about The Marvels. I can't stop MCU fans from coping by bringing up Joker 2 and every other DC movie. 

agree. Are you telling me The Marvels becoming one of the biggest bombs of all time won’t affect the Marvel franchise in any way? 

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

That B CinemaScore is what Flash, Green Lantern, Catwoman, Watchmen, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, Quantumania and Eternals all got.

Nice company!

To think that only diehard fans are seeing this right now... imagine the score among all audiences.