baumer

Friday numbers first post

THG current trajectory i think looking at other films with similar weekend numbers looks to around the 390m area.(380m is looking very good at the moment i'm thinking - THG should be only just shy of HP8 after this weekend (at the same point) and it's making a lot more on weekends (& HP8 isn't making all that much more for dailies). Actually THG's Weekend numbers aren't all that far below the 2nd pirates film... just losing out badly int he dailies mainly.My current projection for THG is 390m to 400m. (If THG can reach 395m or so, watch for a push from lionsgate to get it past 400m.)- jajang

Nikki updated.

TLAM, $10M for today and an unexpected $26M-$28M for the weekend

The Lucky One starring Zac Efron, is looking like $7M-$9M today to overperform for an expected $20M-$24M

Gee, Nikki, how the fuck can a movie overperform if its number is expected? Overperformence is when expectations are shattered. :rolleyes:

Re:Ariadne review of TLO. I`m so happy that people are flaling out of love with Nicolas Sparks whose books are garbage. Hopefully, by the time The Jaw`s Sparks vehicle rolls out, nobody will care anymore.

Edited by fishnets

Gee, Nikki, how the fuck can a movie overperform if its number is expected? Overperformence is when expectations are shattered. :rolleyes:

Re:Ariadne review of TLO. I`m so happy that people are flaling out of love with Nicolas Sparks whose books are garbage. Hopefully, by the time The Jaw`s Sparks vehicle rolls out, nobody will care anymore.

I think what she means to say is, studios are expecting 20-24m, which means it is overperfoming. Not an expected number.

Great for Think Like A Man. Not that surprising though. The book was a bestseller (aided by being on Oprah's book club no doubt), there's a large ensemble,the market was open for it, the trailer was good and the tv ads with Kevin Hart were funny. I almost want to see it but seeing Chris Brown's face makes me as angry as Chris Brown. Also the concept kinda rubs me the wrong way. On the other hand it tested really well and i've heard it was really funny so i'll see.Ok for The Lucky One. It looked really corny and like anything you can catch on Lifetime Movie Network any day of the week but it was still from Sparks so 20s is fine.Nice number for Chimpanzee.

Awesome for TLIM, Tyler Perry must be going like this right now

Posted Image

Tyler Perry is a brand unto himself and he's made billions off that brand. I don't think one film's success is going to crumble him.

Perry has made his name off Madea. I've now see

Of course not, but it still must piss him off somewhat since his last 3 films have disappointed.Where will TLM end?

Perry made his name off Madea. His other films are not nearly successful as those ones are.