Borobudur

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread (12/26-28)

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Really sad about what's going on with TCP, white people aren't showing up for the movie at all even with such a high Cinemascore.

Reminds me of The Woman King.

The general audience is even more fragmented than before. 

20 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Really sad about what's going on with TCP, white people aren't showing up for the movie at all even with such a high Cinemascore.

To be fair, no demo other than Black 25+ women is showing...it could use any demo strength outside of that group... 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

To be fair, no demo other than Black 25+ women is showing...it could use any demo strength outside of that group... 

Well, it’s gonna get two 50-something white folks and  an 80 something year old MIL in about an hour…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

It's pretty good if the Wednesday numbers are flat from discount Tuesday, right?

A lot of theaters are suspending discount Tuesday this week because of the holidays. The theater I saw Aquaman at on Tuesday, which normally considers Tuesday discount day, were charging regular prices for the tickets.

12 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Is it a mistake? The movie stay flat 

Extremely impressive daily holds, even Pitch Perfect 3 dropped -13% its first Wednesday. Probably means it's in for a weak Friday/Saturday increase, but even if it follows PP3's daily pattern until Sunday it should make ~$7M for the weekend.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Unless it's a superhero (BP, Spider-Verse) or supernatural horror-esque (Get Out), white people don't really show up for "Black" movies.  Personally, TCP always seemed so distressing to the point where I didn't want to see it either.

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Dec 26, 2023 - $850,989 +18% -22% 900 $946   $31,786,323 19

In case anyone need a Tuesday number.

Maintaining a daily PTA of $900-1000 is pretty impressive, probably means it should hold onto most of those theaters until at least the 1/12. Should be around $35-36M by Sunday, which off a $2M weekend should be enough to reach $40M.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kon said:

It's pretty good if the Wednesday numbers are flat from discount Tuesday, right?

ABY has best hold among top 10 for 3 days in a row. The Biggest CD jump, biggest Boxing jump and pretty much the only movie that increase on Wed. 

• Like 4