cannastop

Moana 2 | November 27, 2024

17 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yes. Comes out after the sequel 

I think it is too soon for a Moana live action remake, I would have expected Frozen LA remake to come first. But what Rock wants is what he gets I guess.

8 years between Moana animated sequel and the orginal which is fine.

35 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

GOrYaRoWIAANXCe?format=jpg&name=large

Oh I see what they did there. Pretty bold of them to not put the title though. Disney usually reserves that for the really big ones.

• Like 1

This and Wicked sticking with 11/27 when they have a lot of crossover audience is wild... the rest of that month could use a family blockbuster that can keep playing over the holidays!! I know it could turn into a big weekend of musical family entertainment but damn, it probably won't!

21 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

This and Wicked sticking with 11/27 when they have a lot of crossover audience is wild... the rest of that month could use a family blockbuster that can keep playing over the holidays!! I know it could turn into a big weekend of musical family entertainment but damn, it probably won't!

Disney's got such a weird thing going on where they just keep the same release dates for everything. Which like in the 2018 was reasonable, but they are way more vulnerable to competition now. Elemental got a lucky break where everything surrounding it ended up bombing, but Moana's probably not looking likely, at least at the moment. And either way, having it out in early November, getting IMAX and all of Dolby to itself, makes way more sense box office wise, especially since you should still get a good Thanksgiving hold. But I guess Disney's too stubborn or stupid to do it? It's dumb!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Moana 2 has much more going for it. The first Moana still does fantasic streaming numbers on D+. I consider it to be WDAS' biggest modern animated IP right after Frozen.

Wicked is too untested. We have had a ton of meh Broadway to film runs. Also the Part 1 thing is REALLY going to push people away.

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Moana 2 has much more going for it. The first Moana still does fantasic streaming numbers on D+. I consider it to be WDAS' biggest modern animated IP right after Frozen.

Wicked is too untested. We have had a ton of meh Broadway to film runs. Also the Part 1 thing is REALLY going to push people away.

Moana is huge of course. I don't doubt this sequel will make a lot of money. But Wicked is no slouch either. Ultimately I'm just going to sit back and see what will happen.

I mean I know from experience that outside of Harry Potter, the one non-Disney thing most Disney Adults adore is Broadway. And Wicked is one of the most iconic for that demographic. It's basically a Disney movie when you get down to it (not helped by Disney ripping it off like 5 times). At the very least, both dropping on the same day may not cause either movie to bomb, but it's still pretty foolish IMO

• Like 2