kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 80.01M G×K: THE NEW EMPIRE | 11.35M DUNE II

50M+ openers with a X3 multiplier from OW this decade

1) Top Gun Maverick : X 5,67 (718,7M/126,7M)

2) Avatar 2 : X 5,1 (684,1M/134,1M)

3) Oppenheimer : X 4 (329,9M/82,5M)

4) Mario : X 3,93 (574,9M/146,4M)

5) Barbie : X 3,92 (636,2M/162M)

6) Minions 2 : X 3,46 (370,3M/107M)

7) Bad Boys 3 : X 3,3 (206,3M/62,5M)

😎 MI7 : X 3,14 (172,1M/54,6M)

9) The Little Mermaid : X 3,11 (298,2M/95,6M)

10) Spiderman NWH : X 3,09 (804,8M/260,1M)

11) Dune 2 : X 3,06 (252,6M/82,5M)

12) Guardians 3 : X 3,03 (359M/118,4M)

Dune 2 is already almost on the top 10 of best legs for a 50M+ openers this decade , i think he will finish at N°6 or 7 , the best legs for a non holiday or summer release this decade after Mario

PS : KFP 4 has a good chance to enter this pretty close list

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see both horrors this weekend have strong drops. The numbers themselves aren't big, but it's good to see some of the wealth being spread throughout the top 10. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Which format did you enjoy GxK most? 

Imax, then 4dx.

But truth to be told, today's IMAX lacked the feeling, i watched it in different theater, maybe there was some difference in screen quality or something. 

Between Toho and LP, let’s just go ahead and announce 3 projects within a 6 month span again. Monarch season 2, a Toho Godzilla film and the next MV film. Why not? All 3 were big successes. 

Anyway, glad I watched it in imax opening night because I just found out Kong and Godzilla broke it Saturday. 

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Do kids have school off this week because of Easter break?

I think most schools have some kind of extra off day surrounding Easter, but it varies based on the district. NYC for instance has an extended weekend separate from their spring break in late April, but other districts either take the week before or after Easter as their spring break.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I think most schools have some kind of extra off day surrounding Easter, but it varies based on the district. NYC for instance has an extended weekend separate from their spring break in late April, but other districts either take the week before or after Easter as their spring break.

Yeah it’s all over the place. My kids spring break was 2 weeks ago for whatever reason. 

• ...wtf 1

Next Monday will be something of an anomaly. Many schools are gonna be closed for the solar eclipse, which could mean softer Sunday drops. But no one's gonna want to be inside in the afternoon so probably won't be much of a Monday bump.

• Like 1

A useful comparison for the Pixar re-releases (Soul, Turning Red, Luca) will be the Shrek 2 release on April 12.

Some people say the Pixars face planted because they were bad movies but if Shrek 2 also underperforms it might just suggest that re-releases aren't a good business. I mean even the biggest re-releases only make $10 million DOM.

'Course this is still assuming we get Shrek 2 numbers.

• Like 1

Fantastic to see GxK hit $80M actuals and Dune 2 with just a 36% drop this weekend against GxK.

Both their previous films were hurt badly by the pandemic and day and date releases, so it's very satisfying to see both sequels overperform. They will both be the biggest redemption stories of the year!

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Yeah it’s all over the place. My kids spring break was 2 weeks ago for whatever reason. 

I'd say most of the country has spring break in the middle/late portion of March. I'd imagine the only April spring breaks are in the cold portions of the country.

15 minutes ago, cannastop said:

A useful comparison for the Pixar re-releases (Soul, Turning Red, Luca) will be the Shrek 2 release on April 12.

Some people say the Pixars face planted because they were bad movies but if Shrek 2 also underperforms it might just suggest that re-releases aren't a good business. I mean even the biggest re-releases only make $10 million DOM.

'Course this is still assuming we get Shrek 2 numbers.

The target audience have been watching and re-watching the movies on D+ for years. That's the reason why.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Imax, then 4dx.

But truth to be told, today's IMAX lacked the feeling, i watched it in different theater, maybe there was some difference in screen quality or something. 

Which imax theatres did you watch it in? Which one you found better?

37 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I'd say most of the country has spring break in the middle/late portion of March. I'd imagine the only April spring breaks are in the cold portions of the country.

Catholic schools normally take the week after Easter - that's small, but widespread.