kayumanggi

Weekend estimates | 31.70M GODZILLA × KONG: TNE | 10.10M MONKEY MAN | 9.00M GHOSTBUSTERS: FE | 8.36M THE FIRST OMEN | 7.85M KFP IV | 7.20M DUNE II

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Studios are rushing movies too quickly to digital these days stupidly fearing audiences will forget a movie after an extra month.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mojoguy said:

Studios are rushing movies too quickly to digital these days stupidly fearing audiences will forget a movie after an extra month.

More they don't want to spend on another marketing cycle

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

Dune’s getting another IMAX run April 19th

I was just checking the times for GxK tonight, I wanted to see it in IMAX as currently my IMAX is same price as normal tickets. But they are have replaced GxK with Dune 2 instead lmao. And then from tomorrow onwards its Civil War with all the imax showings.

Edited by Avatree
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Avatree said:

I was just checking the times for GxK tonight, I wanted to see it in IMAX as currently my IMAX is same price as normal tickets. But they are have replaced GxK with Dune 2 instead lmao.

As it was written. Dune 2 deserves to be seen on the biggest and best screens possible.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I was just checking the times for GxK tonight, I wanted to see it in IMAX as currently my IMAX is same price as normal tickets. But they are have replaced GxK with Dune 2 instead lmao. And then from tomorrow onwards its Civil War with all the imax showings.

Leicester Square IMAX never even bothered making the switch to GXK, London be Dune crazy

• Heart 1
  • Disbelief 1

30 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Yeah I mean Elemental did pretty nicely in the ratings on Disney plus and it had I think 2 months of theater exclusivity.

25 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Leicester Square IMAX never even bothered making the switch to GXK, London be Dune crazy

I’d love to watch it in an IMAx, but the nearest yo me is in a neighboring country, I think over 100 miles away, and that is not even the big version… 

42 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Migration released to PVOD on its 5th Monday as well.  It ended up still making 1.34x+ its gross upon the PVOD release.  If KFP4 follows suit, it will end up at around $220M-$222M.  Given slightly more screen competition, the calendar layout, and Garfield will be cutting off the legs a bit sooner than KFP4 cut off Migration's legs, this will most likely end up a little lower around $205M-$210M.

Edited by crazymoviekid

Dune is now 72.9% of Batman. Last Wednesday was 71.06%, the previous Wednesday was 69.1%. Still just about 2% per week. Would really help the crawl to $300 mil if it dropped like... 35% this weekend. That would put it at 73.8% on Sunday.

:Venom:

Literally right on. 73.85% as of Sunday. 72.3% last Sunday, so only a 1.55% increase. It's going to need this IMAX re-release for even an outside shot at $300 mil.

It's PROBABLY headed to $290 mil.

• Like 2

Dune is still playing in IMAX here. It never stopped. It got 4 full weeks, than it was reduced to one daily show on GxK OW and it is back for 2 daily shows this week 6 PM and 9:30 PM. I assume it will continue like this until Civil War takes over on April 18 here.

• Like 2

GtK 2  did not nearly as well as some here were predicting.

You can try to put a good face on it, but this was not a good weekend for box office.

I think it should be painfully clear that theater attenendence has suffered a  large and permanent loss since 2020 You can stop waiting fo rit to 'bounce back" from Covie. The loss to streaming is permanent. 

I think it would have happened even if Covid had not happened, but it would have taken lone been more grudual.

As for First Omen it and Immaculat probably hurt each other at the box office. That is why cnventional Hollywood wisdeom is not to release two films with similiar themes or plotlines realy close together. yes, you have exceptions, but you always have exceptions.

6 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Disaster for GxK.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, because it's barley a drop from the estimates lol.

GxK has a fairly healthy drop after a big holiday. It's still on track for $200M+ domestic.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, dj1954 said:

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, because it's barley a drop from the estimates lol.

GxK has a fairly healthy drop after a big holiday. It's still on track for $200M+ domestic.

GFtK 2 is not going to do 200 Hundred Million domestic.