kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 15.54M GODZILLA×KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Strong start for Civil War. It gets IMAX for next weekend as well, right?

I think the Spy x Family movie is actually getting a pretty wide release. It's taking over the Crocker Park screen next week

Check that, IMAX site's showtimes are wonky, appears either the Dune rerelease or Civil War are gonna be splitting IMAX with Spy next week at that theater. Does look like it's also getting exhibition bouts at the Columbus, Pittsburgh, and Detroit IMAXes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Do we know what Civil War's actual IMAX percentage was? Dune's was impressive but Godzilla x Kong was not too high.

Box Office: 'Civil War' Sees Near $3M In Previews (deadline.com)

Imax and PLFs are on fire and accounting for 49% of the gross; that speaks volumes on an adult skewing movie that isn’t a fire-breathing tentpole.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Wait so they’re giving some IMAX back to Dune the weekend it goes to digital? 

Yep. Makes you wonder how much Dune 2 would have made if it kept its orginal release in Nov 2023, would have gotten a 10 week uninterrupted IMAX run.

• Like 1

Strong for Civil War. That is good. Still back and forth and whether  I plan too see it.  For every person who thinks it is great and one of the best movies of the year another says it pulls its punches and does not achieve it's goal. Maybe next weekend or the last weekend of April.

44 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

It's interesting that Monkey Man and The First Omen are so close.

I see spy x imax showtimes for next week but not dune 2 yet. I suspect that's gonna be at the discretion of individual theaters, if civil war continues to do solid business I don't imagine they'll feel very compelled to bring dune 2 back unless they're a really big theater with multiple IMAX screens or deem adding more showtimes viable 

Edited by AniNate