AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

17 hours ago, Cochofles said:

What is The Star ? Is that the A Star is Born remake with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper?

The Star is an animated movie about the Nativity of Jesus. From what I understand, it might be like The Secret Life of Pets meets The Little Drummer Boy.

Edited by cannastop

3 minutes ago, Caladbolg said:

It was originally going to be on ABC, but they decided it to was too "cinematic"  for that.

In Disney speak...they realized they needed some sort of holiday hook on Coco b/c it's being released for the wrong holiday...and Frozen stuff gives them both the holiday hook and a popularity hook...

Not sure it will work, but it's obviously their goal...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

In Disney speak...they realized they needed some sort of holiday hook on Coco b/c it's being released for the wrong holiday...and Frozen stuff gives them both the holiday hook and a popularity hook...

Not sure it will work, but it's obviously their goal...

I don't think it'll be too big of a boost. Remember Disney has to market Thor and Jedi too, and will probably forget about Coco like TGD and Moana. Cinderella had a Frozen short too and did $200M domestic. Coco will probably do the same +/- $15M. They'll probably air the short two weeks after Coco.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, portgas said:

The featurette looks amazing. I want to see it, but now I'll have to pay for a coco ticket :/ 

Disney, please stop doing this. I paid $16 + popcorn for Cinderella only want to see the Frozen short. I probably will do same this time. 

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. 

Can't care less about coco, but now it's the only way to watch the featurette. I wish it was attached to something more interesting. I have to admit that it's great to be able to see it on a big screen, though.

Edited by portgas

59 minutes ago, portgas said:

Can't care less about coco, but now it's the only way to watch the featurette. I wish it was attached to something more interesting. I have to admit that it's great to be able to see it on a big screen, though.

It'll be on video by March, Netflix by June, and main tv as an annual holiday special by 2018...so I wouldn't so no way to see it:)...

i'm the opposite of everyone else here! :lol: i am quite interested in this one but the idea of a whole half hour frozen thing before it makes me think i'll be better off waiting for coco to rent on demand.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It'll be on video by March, Netflix by June, and main tv as an annual holiday special by 2018...so I wouldn't so no way to see it:)...

I guarantee you it'll be on TV a few weeks after Coco opens probably either December 8th or 22nd.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm the opposite of everyone else here! :lol: i am quite interested in this one but the idea of a whole half hour frozen thing before it makes me think i'll be better off waiting for coco to rent on demand.

It never dawned on me that the Olaf thing is 20 minutes long :ohmygod: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I kind of agree.

• Like 1