AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

Well, the special now being aired in front of Coco is a huge shock!

I doubt the short will be 30 minutes long, maybe it was going to be 20 minutes because it was being aired on TV but animating it was getting too hard so they decided to shorten it to 15 minutes and put it in front of Coco?

Also this is the whole Frozen Fever thing with Cinderella except 1000 times worst for the haters because it is invading a Pixar film! Ha!

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I doubt the short will be 30 minutes long, maybe it was going to be 20 minutes because it was being aired on TV but animating it was getting too hard so they decided to shorten it to 15 minutes and put it in front of Coco?

Also this is the whole Frozen Fever thing with Cinderella except 1000 times worst for the haters because it is invading a Pixar film! Ha!

It's more I don't want to watch a TV special in front of a movie. Trust me, I'd have the exact same reaction if they put a 20 minute Cars short in front of Wreck It Ralph 2 or Frozen 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Trailer's description says it's 21m long.

21 minutes. holeup.png

Good lord. I don't even dislike Frozen, but that's ridiculous. You already have to sit through like half an hour of ads, with this it's gonna take almost an hour for the movie to even start. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

21 minutes. holeup.png

Good lord. I don't even dislike Frozen, but that's ridiculous. You already have to sit through like half an hour of ads, with this it's gonna take almost an hour for the movie to even start. 

They might even put in an 10 minute break for the movie after the short too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

If Coco is less than 100 minutes the short would put it about the same runtime overall as Moana + Inner Workings so it might not be too big a deal.

Pacing maybe wonky for Coco though if it's less than 90 minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If you google Coco length, it says it's only gonna be one hour 16 minutes...can that really be right?  That seems stupid short for Pixar (especially if 5-8 of those minutes are credits)...are you even getting a movie?

Googling "Coco length" led me to a wig shop. 

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Googling "Coco length" led me to a wig shop. 

Add the word movie:)...although Google does show you things based on what you've searched for before...is there something you want to tell us?:)

About 14,400,000 results (0.97 seconds) 

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Add the word movie:)...although Google does show you things based on what you've searched for before...is there something you want to tell us?:)

If anything my hair grows too fast.

But I swear people look for any reason to freak out. There's no possible reason to pay any mind to a posted runtime long before a movie is even released. Heck, even after a movie is released reported runtimes can be wildly inconsistent.

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Pacing maybe wonky for Coco though if it's less than 90 minutes.

Inside Out was 94 minutes and that was great! Considering Cars 1 was 116 + a 5-6 minute short, I'm sure if Coco is 95-96 minutes then a 20 minute short beforehand shouldn't be a issue 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

About 14,400,000 results (0.97 seconds) 

That should be enough indication for you about their reliability