kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 07-09, 2024] | actuals | 56.5M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE | 10.0M GARFIELD | 7.8M IF | 7.0M THE WATCHERS

25 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

49.99: year of cinema collapse continues

50.01: Teflon Will saves BO for all time

Everyone wanted that round number, especially Will Smith.

$50M for Bad Boys would definitely be acceptable given that we're talking about a franchise that stretches all the way back to the Clinton administration. This seems to be one of the very few franchises where a significant passage of time between installments actually seems to benefit it when it hurts others: the 4 years between the previous movie and this one is by far the smallest gap between sequels following the 8 years between 1 and 2 and the even more wild 17 years between 2 and 3.

The Watchers though is shaping up to be one big Yikes! even with a reasonable budget. Since WOM is likely to be crummy, there's a chance it misses $20M total if it opens that low. A Quiet Place can't come fast enough to give horror in 2024 a shot in the arm.

• Like 1

So in order to hit 50 for the weekend. Say 20.7 for "Opening day"  17 for saturday which would be slightly up from true friday and 12.3 for sunday.  Certainly doable and it could easily do better than that on the two weekend days,

28 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Unlike the last movie, this is over indexing at MTC1. Of course the ratios have evolved since COVID with so many of MTC3 plexes having shutdown plus Pacific Cinemas/Arclight also shutting down and now Drafthouse is closing locations. But whatever data I could see at MTC2, it did underperform quite a bit compared to last movie. @charlie Jatinder might be able to confirm with Preview Actuals.  

Bad Boys For Life also overindexed in MTC 1 by nearly 10-15% of normal ratios.

5 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

It’s gross that Netflix is dumping Hit Man so hard they don’t even have it as their banner 

I wonder if Atlas will do better numbers than Hit Man.

41 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

It’s gross that Netflix is dumping Hit Man so hard they don’t even have it as their banner 

I'm surprised how uneven and only intermittently entertaining it is after those rave reviews. It's a 2/5.  Honestly I had more fun with their French shark movie. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I'm surprised how uneven and only intermittently entertaining it is after those rave reviews. It's a 2/5.  Honestly I had more fun with their French shark movie. 

I'm a big Linklater fan and yeah it's a total streaming movie. It's alright, fine to watch once. I don't know what people are smoking thinking it was going to be a big theatrical hit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Speedorito said:

I wonder if Atlas will do better numbers than Hit Man.

Yes, it will

Watched both and actually kinda understand distributors not wanting to buy Hit man for theatrical release. I mean it's great and I don't think it's a streaming movie, but also not the crowdpleaser that was promised after fest premiere. It has some dark humour and morally grey fucked up characters. And some viewers are conflicted on its ending. 

Edited by cinema pal
  • Like 1

The Bad Boys directors are great. The episodes of Ms.Marvel they directed was so fucking cool and the other episodes in that show  was lacking hard what they brought to it. From a purely directing standpoint I would love for them to direct Spidey 4. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Cinemascore: A- for Bad Boys, C- for Watchers

Interesting, not bad, good for legs, but isn’t it strange every other Bad Boys film is an A and this is the only one with an A-?

40 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

The Bad Boys directors are great. The episodes of Ms.Marvel they directed was so fucking cool and the other episodes in that show  was lacking hard what they brought to it. From a purely directing standpoint I would love for them to direct Spidey 4. 

Their style is perfect for SPIDER-MAN.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

I don't think the Ms. Marvel directors comp makes sense considering the Adil and Bilal episodes were written to be bigger production and VFX wise, while the others were smaller and more intimate. It's basically ike comparing a Spider-Man film to a Greta Gerwig film.

Having said that, dem bros definitely deserve better after the shit they had to endure thanks to Zaslav. And they HAVE already shown much more style and flair than Jon Watts when he was hired for Spidey, so Sony can do far, FAR worse than them.

Edited by Spidey Freak

53 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

Interesting, not bad, good for legs, but isn’t it strange every other Bad Boys film is an A and this is the only one with an A-?

Eh after KOTPA got that B CS and has still had pretty decent legs. People put way too much stock into it meaning much of anything.