kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [07.22 - 07.25, 2024] | Thursday | 6.52M TWISTERS | 3.45M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.95M INSIDE OUT II | 1.33M LONGLEGS

50 minutes ago, baumer said:

Or 200 million is the budget and the two stars took a huge backend deal. I'm just speculating of course.

agree. I would imagine Jackman is potentially getting one hell of a payday for this. 

• Like 1

Possible Wednesday drops for Twisters

With 30% drop: 8.82M

With 35% drop: 8.19M

With 40% drop: 7.56M

Expecting something around 8.5M for Wednesday and 7M for Thursday (-18%)

Friday: 10.5M (+50%)

Saturday: 14.2M (+35%)

Sunday: 11.3M (-20%)

36M 2nd weekend (around -56%)

154.5M after 10 days

5 hours ago, baumer said:

Or 200 million is the budget and the two stars took a huge backend deal. I'm just speculating of course.

The production budget is definitely going to include actors' upfront salaries. ScarJo commanded $25 million for Black Widow. Chris Hemsworth reportedly pulled $20 million for Thor 4. That was before their backend. So unless Reynolds and Jackman went completely in on backend points, it's probably a somewhat safe guess that at least $40-50 million of that budget went to the film's two main stars.

Longlegs a bit lower but still solid hold. 20% is great for Twisters, now the question is how well it holds today w Deadpool taking all its fancy screens. Definitely seemed like it was still filling up the primetime showings nearby as much as possible 

Twisters looks like legs are going to very strong. That's a nice looking drop. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Longlegs a bit lower but still solid hold.

That's just ERC being ERC, Longlegs' actual number is $1,688,209.

Twisters might just get above 40M this second weekend. Following Guardians of the Galaxy's holds, it goes to 8.7M for Thursday. Same second weekend holds as that movie gets you to 48M. Even knocking things down a bit with Deadpool being way bigger competition compared to TMNT still should lead to 40+. Maybe it could get to 300M after all.

• Like 4

Twisters: $10,015,415

DM4: $4,135,690 (-27% from last week).

IO2: $2,191,401 (-21% from last week!!).

Edited by rihrey
  • Like 4

Twisters definitely appeals to an audience that Deadpool doesn't so much. It's something parents can feel relatively comfortable watching with their older kids and is a change of pace from slapstick animated movies.

Twisters is really popping off on social media. I’m seeing a lot of memes “summer 2023” showing Cilian and Margot and “summer 2024” showing Powell and Jones. Also a lot of 4DX memes. Seems to be entering a mini zeitgeist.

• Like 2

I am kind of wondering now if theaters will be that quick to dump Inside Out 2 next week. It's still got a pretty solid PTA for 1.5 months out and still 3000+ theaters. Might be able to withstand Harold and keep legging out all the way through Labor Day.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1