Eric is Smiling

Spoilers | Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) Spoiler Thread

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

22 hours ago, Reddroast said:

As for why some critic dispise this: the opening. 

Why? Because he dug up Logans corpse?

I adore Logan and that intro bit was one of the best parts of the film..it was the next 2 hours where the film unfolded like a loose collection of bad unfunny skits that was where it lost me.

This barely functioned as a movie. It's just repetitive jokes, forgettable action and shuffle along to the next cameo (make sure to pause for applause on each cameo!)

I like the first 2 films. This was everything wrong with no way home dialed up to 11. At least I had a reason to care about the fan service in NWH. 

Edited by Dominic Draper
  • Like 1

I liked it but I think I would of much rather seen a sequel with Domino and Cable. The first and third act were great but the middle dragged for me. The needledrops were the best part of the movie. Also I didn't expect to get emotional during the credits but it happened. 

• Like 2

God, people are taking this film way too seriously. It is a comedy,meant  to be funny, and I suspect, poke fun at all the CBM' cliches. A lot of the criticism of the final scenes indicate to me they were trying to parody the typical apocalpytic  CBM movie climax.

And that is aproblem I have with a lot of COmic Book fans nowdays: They take everything so damn seriously.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

As much as I loved that film, the extended visual cameo-fest grinds the film to a halt for a while.

It's a multiverse problem.

The Multiverse is here to stay for better or worse.

• Like 1

I had to leave right at the end of the movie I never got a chance to stick around for the credits. Is there a mid credit scene or anything else that I missed after the movie ends?

I just heard from a friend there are a couple of 

Music Man jokes in the film.

I  suspected there would be, given Deadpool is a used car salesman, and Jackman , of course, is coming off a big stage sucess playing scamming Salesman Harold Hill in The Music Man.

And Music Man is one of my favorite Musicals anyway.

• Like 1

Pretty fun film. 8/10

Best part was the chemistry between Ryan and Hugh, which shined through the characters they played even when the plot was weak at times. This will make a nice ending for Pool and Hugh's Wolvie if it is their last. Cameos were fun, felt much better done than Multiverse of Madness.

It is still crazy every single Deadpool film will be bigger than every X-men film. The success of the character in film still blows my mind. The first DP was the perfect example of editing, sequels were a bit long.

The ending credits montage was the perfect farewell to FOX verse and pulled at nostalgia strings. Should have ended it there, post credits scene wasn't necessary. 

Edited by Mojoguy

4 hours ago, baumer said:

I had to leave right at the end of the movie I never got a chance to stick around for the credits. Is there a mid credit scene or anything else that I missed after the movie ends?

There's a played straight montage of behind-the-scenes footage of the Fox films, and then a gag callback to Chris Evans saying all the things that Deadpool claimed he did (which may be the funniest moment in the entire film, tbh)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

The Multiverse is here to stay for better or worse.

Feige has already announced that the "mutant era" is coming after Secret Wars, with mutant characters appearing in almost every movie, even non X-Men ones

• Like 1

The joke I liked the best in the movie was a really simple yet quick mention. When Deadpool tells Electra that a lot of the past Heroes had died, he mentions Daredevil and then Electra just goes basically oh well LOL 

Of course Daredevil was played by Ben affleck, Jennifer Garner plays Electra and they were married and apparently didn't have a very amicable split. Just a simple one but kind of funny in my opinion

• Like 2

Watched this opening day and I had so much fun with it but I can see why some critics hated it. I am pretty done with the multiverse, wouldn't mind if Avengers 5&6 are the last multiverse movies because this clearly isn't the last one. It just seems like there are not any stakes at all and also no build up for anything, but that is just my opinion. 

Hugh and Ryan chemistry carried this movie, extremely funny as well. The cameos were great as well and better used than in Multiverse of Madness. My favorites were Chris Evans as Human Torch and Henry Cavill as Wolverine, totally unexpected. Elektra, Blade, Gambit (so funny) and X-23 were a surprise as well, that Elektra-Daredevil joke was insane lmao. 

Didn't care for the whole TVA part of the movie or the villain and her motivation. I thought that part of the movie was very poorly explained and I just allowed it cause I was having a blast with this movie. 

Edited by AN9815
  • Heart 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Thos was like a superhero by way of Mel Brooks. The joke ratio per minute is completely insane.

What was insane for me was that the 3x I watched, almost ever joke had the crowd laughing like crazy. Like for my crowds they ate the jokes up

D&W is a strong yet nonsensical 3/5 I’ve seen so far. It’s clearly the weakest of the Deadpool movies, relies heavily on outsider Marvel knowledge moreso than almost any other Marvel movie, probably has the weakest anction of the three with some bad shaky cam and brings back a character who should’ve stayed dead. It also pales behind MoM and NWH for multiverse team up and She-Hulk for resident fourth wall breaker and MCU potshotter (it’s also funnier than D&W but we’re not ready for that convo).

And yet I really really really had fun with it and really enjoyed it. Surprised on how well they integrated the Wolverine variant in the plot which is sold much by Jackman’s performance, and the touching soliloquies about friendship really work as do the cameos as not only are the Fox characters and Blade given respect but they do engage and give the nostalgia a new angle instead of “here’s X - now clap”. These characters might be someone’s favorite growing up or in general even if they’re not what the fans want(ed) and that’s pretty neat and made me smile. Think it does the cameos stuff a bit better than the other MCU multiverse films because of it. Also the action is pretty fun even if it indulges in Reynolds worst instincts with Levy’s shaky cam plaguing one final sequence and gets some laughs.

However, my main fear did come true. Thr film suffers mainly due to Deadpool not having a strong enough emotional hook compared to the other two as I think Deadpool’s friends really needed more to do and the writers (looking at Wells, Levy and Reynolds here) engaging in their worst impulses of over the top gore, to even something kind of out of pocket for Deadpool. It’s also tamer in the humor, as there seems to be some bite missing. She-Hulk literally calls MCU movies factory made and Kevin a bot. The needle drops aside from Bye Bye Bye didn’t hit either. The villains in Paradox and Cassandra Nova are pretty fun but get little do, which is a shame because Cassandra is such a joy to watch from how twisted and oddly horny she is. 

Deadpool and Wolverine, like the friendship between the two characters is paradoxically nonsensical and filled with holes but the love for friendship manages to make for a fun ride. B-

Edited by YM!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This was like a superhero by way of Mel Brooks.

Possibly the best description I've seen of the film. It's a celebration of the material as well as a slight mockery of it. The plot is as safe and completely convoluted as every recent multiverse film, but it talks so much shit about its existence that you can't help but be included in the joke. It completely shits all over the recent Dr. Strange film for doing the same nonsense in a less entertaining manner. It's not like "here's a cameo for cameo sake". No. These cameos had a meaning to the plot, and were rightfully made fun of for the very same reason they're included.