Eric Deetz

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

8 minutes ago, AniNate said:

There's a lot more to a movie's scheduling than just the second weekend. Twisters will surely get some larger auditoriums back next weekend, especially in the overindexing markets, and it doesn't have much to compete with vibe wise for the entirety of August. It will likely be able to maintain 3500+ theaters until Beetlejuice and that very well may be worth the slight hit it takes this weekend.

For Universal, it's all gravy from next week domestically anyway.

3 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

I don’t know why everytime there’s a huge opener m unless it’s a holiday or Christmas almost every single showtime before 5 or so is practically empty 

That little inconvenience of life known as "work"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

24 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, it was surprising because Fury Road was an actually popular movie and Furiosa had pretty decent initial presales before underwhelming on its last week. 

This forum’s obsession with going “waaa people on twitter stupid” is insane

Fury Road was decently popular but nothing huge so doing a Prequel with a new cast 9 years later was always a bad idea 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

@AniNate I know but it’s so inconsistent near me like for example inside out 2 was practically sold out all day 😂 I just find it funny that’s all

Well obviously families and kids out of school in the case of IO 2 and most likely DM4.

Just now, abracadabra1998 said:

Okay but who’s watching the Olympics opening ceremony right now, this is a fever dream and I’m loving it 

All I'll say is please just stick to stadiums going forward

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joyous Legion said:

I mean we could parlay like 220 into just scraping 600 but I would guess will be more 205-215 into 550-600

If it beats Jurassic World that will be biggest Summer OW and give MCU all 4 seasons with AEG, DPW, BP2, NWH  

Hide contents

Though aeg is a bit messy for BO seasons 

You mean BP for winter right? And wouldn’t the biggest winter weekend stilll be NWH anyways? Unless you’re counting the holidays seperate from winter? I still don’t think it would be BP2.

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

You mean BP for winter right? And wouldn’t the biggest winter weekend stilll be NWH anyways? Unless you’re counting the holidays seperate from winter? I still don’t think it would be BP2.

NWH for winter of course. BP2 fall

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

like what lmao. 65 upvotes btw

Dude even I fucked up, I thought this movie would underperform. But this is Super Mario 2.0. The most obvious blow up ever that people decided to underestimate because "oh this completely unrelated movie didn't do well."

But he's not wrong. 600-700 might actually happen

Spoiler

domestically :Venom:

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Haha 2

I am currently at the theater and there are wayyyy more kids here than I can remember for a Deadpool film. I do remember seeing a lot of kids during Deadpool 1 but half of the audience here so far appear to ages 5-13

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1