kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Aug 05 - Aug 08, 2024] | Wednesday | 9.87M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 2.64M TWISTERS | 1.83M DESPICABLE ME IV

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I wonder if Inside Out 2 can squeak in another day of $1 million. Would just require a 29% or less decline this Wednesday.

Gonna be very tight. I would love for it to manage 59 (through weekend) but that seems like an unlikely affair. 

11 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Gonna be very tight. I would love for it to manage 59 (through weekend) but that seems like an unlikely affair. 

Unlikely? I don’t think it’s unlikely at all

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

So once Deadpool finishes its run, post pandemic multiverse superhero movies domestically will be

No Way Home - $805M (original run)

Deadpool & Wolverine - $640M

Doctor Strange 2 - $411M

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - $381M

The entry point for the non-cheating top 10 is Barbie with $636M. Inside Out 2 will change that to $653M (Jurassic World).

All of them except Doctor Strange 2 doubled their predecessor

Ant Man has all the Kangs at the end. Gamora isn't the same Gamora in Guardians Vol. 3 either.

Flash is also multiverse, no?

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Ant Man has all the Kangs at the end. Gamora isn't the same Gamora in Guardians Vol. 3 either.

Flash is also multiverse, no?

Quantumania and Guardians 3 aren't multiverse movies.

And yes you're right Flash is a multiverse movie. 

And coming up we have Spider-Verse 3 which can make around $500M DOM. Doomsday and Secret Wars probably $600-800M+

Edited by HummingLemon496

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Mars Needs Moms is a movie I completely forgot even existed until this thread lol. Pretty sure Disney has no recollection of making it either.

Zemeckis would like to forget it I bet, but it's the movie that killed his mocap venture so I don't think he can.

I am kind of glad it spared us that Yellow Submarine abomination.

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Quantumania and Guardians 3 aren't multiverse movies.

And yes you're right Flash is a multiverse movie. 

And coming up we have Spider-Verse 3 which can make around $500M DOM. Doomsday and Secret Wars probably $600-800M+

Guess I don't understand why the distinction is necessary. Marvel/DC superhero movies are Marvel/DC superhero movies. Seems pretty arbitrary. Better analysis includes all superhero movies post-Covid. If Majors doesn't get into trouble, Quantumania directly plays into MCU multiverse especially with Kang/Kangs directly tying to it. If Marvels doesn't bomb, it would play into the MCU multiverse in a big way as well.

4 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

This expansion also helps it to take more advantage of last summer weekdays where some families will definitely go for outing 

Also as DM4 is now on digitals, maybe that could help IO2. Let's see

I agree it's a better setup when I think about it more, especially with what todos said about the holiday advantage. It's just different than what they've done for most of their recent Fathers Day releases so I was curious. Hopefully this is the new setup for their expansions if it leads to bigger increases. 

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

I wonder if Inside Out 2 can squeak in another day of $1 million. Would just require a 29% or less decline this Wednesday.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Wednesday drops have been pretty soft for the past few weeks so I'm not as worried about today. Thursday is what I'm more worried about to keep the streak up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wattage said:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Wednesday drops have been pretty soft for the past few weeks so I'm not as worried about today. Thursday is what I'm more worried about to keep the streak up. 

Wednesday should be good for a $1M day, but it depends on how much it is affected by It Ends With Us and Borderlands with their preview screenings on Thursday. 

It shouldn't affect it that much because the target audiences are not the same, but it would genuinely be amazing if this could have a 59-day streak of over $1M

I've seen a few Beyond the Spider-Verse posts (not just this thread, but over the last few months) predicting 500+ for it. And I really don't think that's going to happen (unless it comes out in 2035 and inflation takes care of that). 

ATSV already had the franchise's "Dark Knight" or "Shrek 2" bump. I don't see why there would be a similarly massive bump for this one. 

• Like 6

Just now, DAJK said:

I've seen a few Beyond the Spider-Verse posts (not just this thread, but over the last few months) predicting 500+ for it. And I really don't think that's going to happen (unless it comes out in 2035 and inflation takes care of that). 

ATSV already had the franchise's "Dark Knight" or "Shrek 2" bump. I don't see why there would be a similarly massive bump for this one. 

3 reasons: Tom Holland, Tobey Magurie, and Andrew Garfield in proper support roles.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Wednesday should be good for a $1M day, but it depends on how much it is affected by It Ends With Us and Borderlands with their preview screenings on Thursday. 

It shouldn't affect it that much because the target audiences are not the same, but it would genuinely be amazing if this could have a 59-day streak of over $1M

It will go below 1m today. It ends with us has significant early shows release. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

1. Titanic - 101

T2. ET - 80

T2 - Avatar - 80

4 - Top Gun: Maverick - 75

5 - SW: The Phantom Menace - 61

6 - Finding Nemo - 59

T7 - Ghostbusters - 54

T7 - Back to the Future - 54

T7 - Shrek 2 - 54

T7 - IO2 - 54

Crazy considering the top 2 adjust atleast 2x higher

17 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

3 reasons: Tom Holland, Tobey Magurie, and Andrew Garfield in proper support roles.

I'm gonna be honest that sounds terrible. If they want to shove them in there for little multiverse cameos for a minute that's fine but Miles has his own extended cast to focus on.