kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Aug 05 - Aug 08, 2024] | Wednesday | 9.87M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 2.64M TWISTERS | 1.83M DESPICABLE ME IV

Schools have been back in session here in Atlanta since last Thursday and most Southern schools will go back this week or next.

You are getting to the back end of summer where the Tuesday increases are not as high.

I don't believe D&W is likely to stay overly close to JW's late legs as JW was released earlier in the summer so it has summer weekdays for longer.

IO2 moves into a tie with Ghostbusters (1984), Back to the Future, and Shrek 2 for the most consecutive days $1M+ at 54. 7th most all time.

• Like 1

Just now, RamblinRed said:

Schools have been back in session here in Atlanta since last Thursday and most Southern schools will go back this week or next.

You are getting to the back end of summer where the Tuesday increases are not as high.

I don't believe D&W is likely to stay overly close to JW's late legs as JW was released earlier in the summer so it has summer weekdays for longer.

IO2 moves into a tie with Ghostbusters (1984), Back to the Future, and Shrek 2 for the most consecutive days $1M+ at 54. 7th most all time.

Yes. DP&W will just continue to fall further and further back of JW for exactly the reason you stated.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

That's pretty amazing. I assume Titanic has the all time record with 101 days. And E.T. is #2 with 80?

1 hour ago, Geo1500 said:

Perhaps not at all time but what if it makes only 1m usd at the box office

Then it would lose $39 million dollars at the box office plus marketing. You can go to any year in the box office probably in the last 10 years and find at least one movie that's lost close to $100 million dollars.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Then it would lose $39 million dollars at the box office plus marketing. You can go to any year in the box office probably in the last 10 years and find at least one movie that's lost close to $100 million dollars.

You can finding somethings that's lost over double that too

• Like 1

To pick a specific example -D&D: Honor Among Thieves. Hasbro said

(2) During the second quarter of 2023, the Company recorded film production cost impairment charges of $25.0 million associated with Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, within Program cost amortization in the Consolidated Statement of Operations, within the Entertainment Segment. The film impairment charges reflected the excess of the unamortized costs of the impaired film over its estimated fair value using estimated discounted future cash flows.

If we include paramount's losses let's call that 40M-50M if they split it 50/50. 

59 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Kraven has been rated R, but sadly no nudity...

ATJ walk-ups dead.

I'm honestly genuinely shocked they actually ended up committing to that rating in the end. I was so sure Sony would chicken out again.

7 minutes ago, todos said:

Disney has scheduled the IO2 expansion from Aug 26 to Sept 2. 

Interesting that it's the week before Labor Day and then Labor Day weekend instead of the usual thing they do which is Labor Day weekend and then the week after. If it's going to get the big "top 10 domestic" headlines it might be right on Labor Day with this expansion setup. Maybe that's why? 

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

That's pretty amazing. I assume Titanic has the all time record with 101 days. And E.T. is #2 with 80?

1. Titanic - 101

T2. ET - 80

T2 - Avatar - 80

4 - Top Gun: Maverick - 75

5 - SW: The Phantom Menace - 61

6 - Finding Nemo - 59

T7 - Ghostbusters - 54

T7 - Back to the Future - 54

T7 - Shrek 2 - 54

T7 - IO2 - 54

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wattage said:

Interesting that it's the week before Labor Day and then Labor Day weekend instead of the usual thing they do which is Labor Day weekend and then the week after. If it's going to get the big "top 10 domestic" headlines it might be right on Labor Day with this expansion setup. Maybe that's why? 

Labor Day is on Monday September 2nd so the expansion targets people on vacation leading up to the holiday.

Beetlejuice opens Thursday for previews September 7th.

• Like 2