CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

I don't get the "too street" comment.

The writer meant it as seeing Elba as too gritty for the role, based on his performance in the show Luther.

But many people took it as him saying Elba was "too black" for the role, since "street" used in that way has connotations with urban ghettos, etc.

The writer meant it as seeing Elba as too gritty for the role, based on his performance in the show Luther.

But many people took it as him saying Elba was "too black" for the role, since "street" used in that way has connotations with urban ghettos, etc.

It was a dumb observation either way. Elba is a sexy, suave, elegant man. 

9ad74443c589bd742cb6891dd97c9784.jpg

wenn5038463.jpg

tumblr_inline_nr6uifXwjX1s6f386_400.jpg

image41.jpg

Idris-ElbaTanqueray-Ad.0.jpg

• Like 1

I actually agree with the controversial comment about Elba being "too street". Bond has always been very posh, and Elba is just the opposite of that. He comes across as down to earth and realistic.

Good thing his career doesn't depend on him pretending to be things he is not then.

• Like 3

Looks like it's because the writer of the current Bond novels said he was 'too street' to play the part, and people are responding accordingly.

At this point I'd say Elba's biggest hurdle is that he's too obvious after the relentless talk of his casting.

The relentless speculation and gossip about his casting...that is all there has been. He is only slightly younger than Craig which rules him out.

If SPECTRE makes money in the ballpark of SKYFALL, the studio is gonna tie up Daniel Craig and drag him onto the set of the next movie kicking and crying.

Daniel Craig: I'm tired of this, I'll pass.

Brocolli's: 40m. And 20%.

Daniel Craig: Ok, one more.

• Like 2

Good thing his career doesn't depend on him pretending to be things he is not then.

You can take the man out of Hackney, but not Hackney out of the man. 

He's not suave enough to be bond. Period. (Though, I don't think Craig is either really...) 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 2