CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

5 hours ago, solaris said:

If the UK opening is anything to go by (which I admit it probably isn't - Bond has always been a beast in the UK), scoring a big opening shouldn't be an issue. Sticking with a $90/$250 prediction - still a great result for a Bond film. 

WW I think it might just be able to scrape that billi.

Bad idea to use the UK opening at all. You should try to forget about it as much as possible when considering the US performance.

2 minutes ago, treeroy said:

Uh, yeah they will. 75% of the money is made OS. It's a success regardless of how it does domestic 

An opening in the mid 60s would be lower than QOS - 7 years later - and after what they most likely hoped was a watershed Bond that was increasing the fan base.  With a 3 multiplier it would hit what QOS (which did a 2.5) made adjusted for inflation and that was the lowest attended Bond film in the US since Dalton was Bond.  After what Sony spent on this movie it can't be happy with that kind of domestic performance which would carry over to ancillary revenues.

Of course it's going to be an overall success, especially for the Broccolis but how much it makes for Sony is another matter.

• Like 1

"According to WSJ, co-financing and marketing and releasing Skyfall brought Sony $57 million on a film that grossed $1.1 billion globally. MGM, in turn, made $175 million, while Danjaq made $109 million."

• Like 2

• Community Manager

Oh....boy. Is this gonna end up like TASM2, last year & Minions this year.....where everyone thought it was gonna be positively recieved enough..but ended up being more mediocrely recieved?

Those movies has like "Rotten" ratings on RT. It would be disappointing to see Spectre land in that territory. [emoji20]

I don't think anyone expected TASM 2 to have a great reception after the divisive first movie?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk