CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

8 minutes ago, Jay Salahi said:

Ehhh Idk for this Craig series, I like the idea of taking winks and nods to the old ones now. Im 22 and I don't know a SINGLE person other than me who has seen every Bond. Shit I know plenty of people who have only seen the Craig. I still advent seen the film so idk what I'm really talking about haha but the concept of that sounds fine and excites me to be honest. 

I'm also 22 and have seen every Bond (by age 10, the ones that were released anyways). My Dad was a huge Bond fan as a kid (grew up in the 60s/70s) and it's still his favorite franchise. Hopefully going together this weekend to see it in IMAX.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jay Salahi said:

Ehhh Idk for this Craig series, I like the idea of taking winks and nods to the old ones now. Im 22 and I don't know a SINGLE person other than me who has seen every Bond. Shit I know plenty of people who have only seen the Craig. I still advent seen the film so idk what I'm really talking about haha but the concept of that sounds fine and excites me to be honest. 

It would be one thing if the winks and nods lasted as long as a wink or nod - about a half a second - but they're rehashing scenes and set pieces and not doing them as well.  I gather that's fine for very young people who haven't seen the movies before (though in Spectre they're reportedly also doing this with Craigs movies) but Skyfall's opening weekend had an audience that was 70% over 25. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wrath said:

I want a secret base. Not sure I want to be a dangerous villain boss, though. Just a matter of time before some dashing Englishman kicks down your door and shoots you in the head.

Yeah, but you wouldn't have anyone to blame but yourself. After you capture him, tie him up in some ridiculously contrived and easily escapable death trap, all while telling him your dastardly plan, what else would you expect him to do?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I just want to say that some truly great movies are rotten of RT, and some absolute shit piles are fresh.

RT scores really aren't worth much

Exactly, I coudn't believe when I saw that The Life of David Gale only has 19% there.

But it surely will hurt the BO...

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I just want to say that some truly great movies are rotten of RT, and some absolute shit piles are fresh.

You do realize literally anyone can say this, right?

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Dumb, useless post. If X movie you liked got a great RT score but everyone hates the movie you'd say "See this RT score, you guys are wrong!"

• Like 3