titanic2187

Weekdays thread 19/8-22:8

Look at that Tuesday job for it ends with us. Pretty good jump for Deadpool as well.

A couple theaters around me that didn’t play Coraline at all last weekend are getting it for a full week run starting this Friday. Curious to see it’s drop this weekend.

• Astonished 1

23 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

What do you think is going to be the end goal for It Ends With Us? If it reaches 200m DOM that would be insane. Crazier than Sound of Freedom reaching 185m DOM

the third weekend would say it more clearly. Right now i would say 160-170 final range cause weekdays are not summer type anymore. Let's see how rebounds in the weekend. It has to lose not more than 40% from the weekend before to go a little bit nearest to 200M than my prediction. 

1 hour ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

What do you think is going to be the end goal for It Ends With Us? If it reaches 200m DOM that would be insane. Crazier than Sound of Freedom reaching 185m DOM

Sound of Freedom was still crazier, that movie was an original and didn’t have the backing of a major studio

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@Cooper Legion do you have a breakdown for how this passes JW's $653.41M domestically? I genuinely don't see how it gets there, but I really hope it does so it can enter the original release DOM top 10 (well, before Minecraft/Zoo 2/Avatar 3 kicks it out ;) )

Sure, should do a little under 6M on wed+th for weekdays of ~12.5 cume ~559

wknd ~20 (-33%) for week of ~32.5 cume ~579

weekdays of ~8M (-35%) // 587

Labor 4day of ~23.5M, Tues-th ~3 for a wk ~27 cume ~614.5

poat labor wknd of ~ 9M and weekdays ~3M for 12M week // 626 cume

from there ~30% avg drops adds ~29M   

7 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Sure, should do a little under 6M on wed+th for weekdays of ~12.5 cume ~559

wknd ~20 (-33%) for week of ~32.5 cume ~579

weekdays of ~8M (-35%) // 587

Labor 4day of ~23.5M, Tues-th ~3 for a wk ~27 cume ~614.5

poat labor wknd of ~ 9M and weekdays ~3M for 12M week // 626 cume

from there ~30% avg drops adds ~29M   

Weekdays post labor day will suck. It will drop like 80% on Monday. Plus Beetlejuice weekend will make the post labor day hold worse than norm. 

That said next 2 weeks are the key. Nothing worthwhile is releasing and market is open for holdovers. I am thinking all holdovers will have amazing holds. That is more important than fall run anyway.