Jun JW 653M
Jul DPW 637M
Aug SuicideSquad 325M
Sep It 329M
Oct Joker 335M
Nov F2 477M
Dec TFA 936M

Guardians of the Galaxy?

Also unrelated but Shrek 5 will probably take DPW's July record, Moana 2 will probably take Frozen 2's November record

I think Batman 2 taking the October record is a 50/50, normally I would say it's an easy $450M+ movie but DC is so cooked. . .

Edited by HummingLemon496

2 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

I’m not sure why but the Saturday increases the last few weeks have been really horrible, really some of the worst I’ve seen recently also we live in time was extremely frontloaded it barely increased on Saturday from it’s true Friday 

A lot of big college football games yesterday plus it's October....Saturday's are for going to the pumpkin patch, hayrides, early Halloween parities....October is usually a shitty box office month for that reason.

On 10/18/2024 at 6:27 PM, TwoMisfits said:

My kid and her boyfriend used my $5 tickets for the brand new DBox seats in my area.  Neither saw Smile 1, but the prospect of fun new seats won out tonight...

She did say "who would pay $27.50 for any seat" - so even older teens are price conscious...

How did they like it? I thought about it but I didn't see how it would add to the experience, even at 5$.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy?

Also unrelated but Shrek 5 will probably take DPW's July record, Moana 2 will probably take Frozen 2's November record

I think Batman 2 taking the October record is a 50/50, normally I would say it's an easy $450M+ movie but DC is so cooked. . .

Ah yep, gotg1 has August still. Must have skimmed over it when going down the list.  

4/12 for mcu, not bad but losing May is kind of funny

• Sad 1

This remark remind me that Barbie actually still run through Oscar season early this year but WB didn't report them. It was reported unofficially by Deadline. 

Even though Warner Bros’ wide expansion of Barbie at 1,500 theaters in weekend 28 didn’t make much money at an estimated $218K (the studio didn’t report official figures), the eight Oscar nominated Greta Gerwig directed movie surged +10,792% over last weekend, which made only $2k. Note: HBO subscribers can watch this movie at home on Max.

16 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

I’m not sure why but the Saturday increases the last few weeks have been really horrible, really some of the worst I’ve seen recently also we live in time was extremely frontloaded it barely increased on Saturday from it’s true Friday 

This is the third year in a row I realise the similar issue for October release. Now the evidential enough to conclude that the Halloween season activities distract the moviegoing, especially in the post-Covid world. Like Lyle lyle crocodile in 2022 had weak Saturday bump, 50-60% range throughout October but quickly rise back to 100%+ after the Halloween season ends. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Anora dropping 52% on Saturday must mean it had a Q&A or something to boost Friday sales.

Q&A isn't uncommon for platform release, Parasite had it too on their opening night but the Saturday drop was never this colossal. Post-Covid, the cinephile-driven movie has become as frontloaded as marvel or young adult flick. We used to describe horror genre as frontloaded genre but i think now we can include drama fare into this category.  

I guess I'm crazy because I thought for sure 'Smile 2' would get close to $30M as of a few months ago when I saw the trailer.  I was expecting a nice little bump from the first.  That said,  this will still end up making a good profit and I'll be interested to see what the hold is for next weekend that close to Halloween.  We will be seeing it soon. 

45 minutes ago, Morieris said:

How did they like it? I thought about it but I didn't see how it would add to the experience, even at 5$.

They really liked the chairs...but they said they'd never pay for the chairs.

One thing they didn't like - apparently, you can't "couple sit" anymore...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I guess I'm crazy because I thought for sure 'Smile 2' would get close to $30M as of a few months ago when I saw the trailer.  I was expecting a nice little bump from the first.  That said,  this will still end up making a good profit and I'll be interested to see what the hold is for next weekend that close to Halloween.  We will be seeing it soon. 

I am actually quite disappointed Smile 2 didn't open higher. The first one was a WOM hit which by right, ideal situation setting up for a sequel bump but it didn't happened after all for whatever reasons.