Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I'm not buying this 'TDKR is in trouble' talk. This opening just cements that people are really into movie-going now, especially these kinds of movies. TDKR picked the perfect movie to debut its trailer with.

If anything I'm not expecting TDKR to top this and post even more mind-blowing numbers.

I'm not buying this 'TDKR is in trouble' talk. This opening just cements that people are really into movie-going now, especially these kinds of movies. TDKR picked the perfect movie to debut its trailer with.

Agreed.

If any movie is fucked, its Spider-Man.

It may actually help increase interest, so I don't see how it hurts it since they are two months apart.

Neither am I.

With such a huge opening wknd TA potentially tops the BO for three weeks, esp. if Battleship fails to open oveer 50M.If that happens, it's gonna be the first time for a film to top 3 wknd in May since Code of Silence in 1985.

OK folks, I've decided to start my one week exile right now.

See you next Saturday! Enjoy all the epicness... I'll keep up via Twitter... :unsure:

Posted Image

Dude this is the worse time to leave the forums!

It's not in trouble unless you think there's some kind of competition going on between the two. TDKR will make a ton of cash in its own right. Probably less than Avengers, but it is by no means in trouble. In trouble would be a flop type of situation.