Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

YAYHAW! IF these estimates turn out to be true, Potter should hold onto the OW record. Now I just need TDKR to underwhelm slightly and it'll have fended off all of 2012's mighty blockbusters....fantastic!!!

Avengers still has a chance to beat Potter's final gross domestically.

YAYHAW! IF these estimates turn out to be true, Potter should hold onto the OW record. Now I just need TDKR to underwhelm slightly and it'll have fended off all of 2012's mighty blockbusters....fantastic!!!

But TDKR is going to obliterate that record, the buzz and expectation for that movie with people I know is blowing everything else out of the water, and this is like people who go to movies like once a year, don't really like the huge budge blockbusters, and etc. [it's the same thing with the Hobbit too, except that's not going to touch the OW record, not in December, but it that was in the Summer it'd probably break the record as well)

Likely, but not locked. This is not behaving like a typical Marvel film. Assuming that 67M estimate holds, It already sold less tickets than IM2 on Friday after midnights.

Hey troll bait, what's your argument going to be when this movie sails by 400 mil domestic and 1.2 billion WW. You still going to use your dumbass arguments?

"Likely, but not locked. This is not behaving like a typical Marvel film. Assuming that 67M estimate holds, It already sold less tickets than IM2 on Friday after midnights."I still do not understand how that is possible.Sellouts blew away IM2...hmmAnyways do no doubt the Saturday it will likley fly past 50 million. I think you cannot start comparing to summer films but the films of early may and they all have huge huge Saturdays.So TA will break one record and that is the Saturday.

Hey troll bait, what's your argument going to be when this movie sails by 400 mil domestic and 1.2 billion WW. You still going to use your dumbass arguments?

Chillax dude, and Nikke gave a range of 60-70M for Friday. My question is what you are going to do if this only makes 60M on Friday?

I just made the same argument earlier. If you want to come after someone, come after me. Otherwise keep these types of comments to yourself. You're just :stirthepot:Thanks.

"Likely, but not locked. This is not behaving like a typical Marvel film. Assuming that 67M estimate holds, It already sold less tickets than IM2 on Friday after midnights."I still do not understand how that is possible.Sellouts blew away IM2...hmm

We don't know how much the 3D share is to be fair.

I have zero idea why people were expecting this to break the record.

IM2 sold 16.7M tickets in 2010 on the same weekend.Factor in 2 years of inflation, and on top of that 3D ticket prices, and we're incredibly close to the OW record. Throw in a million or so more tickets and we're at the OW record. OR, factor in a ~60% 3D share (similar to TF3), and again we're at the OW record. It wasn't really an outlandish or bold prediction. The logic behind it is pretty reasonable.

I just made the same argument earlier. If you want to come after someone, come after me. Otherwise keep these types of comments to yourself. You're just :stirthepot:Thanks.

Omg. Is that what that emo means... "stirring the pot"??? I thought it was some kind of magical potion hex smiley :lol:

"I have zero idea why people were expecting this to break the record."I actually say 155 million and pretty much TA as of now is meeting expectations.However I would caution, the Friday number could go up a bit and that changes things and I think Saturday is going to be epic based on the pre sales in my area. Day time shows are already quite full in my area.So even with a 67 million Friday it could land up more around 157+ rather then 155 million.68 gives it 160 million.70 gives it around 163-166 million.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Your avatar's delicious. I'd be really sad if TDKR didn't take the opening weekend record from Hallows in the States. We all know it has no chance in hell of topping its opening overseas, so I really do want it to break the opening weekend record.TDKR looks too incredible not to break it.

You're seeing it Sunday, Noctis? I was gonna see it tonight but plans fell through.. I might see it Sunday or early next week.

Was gonna watch it tonight, but decided against it. I'm gonna watch it tomorrow or Sunday.

Chillax dude, and Nikke gave a range of 60-70M for Friday. My question is what you are going to do if this only makes 60M on Friday?

I thought you weren't going to talk to me? Lol, make up your mind.

was going after dinner but all the shows around me were sold out or too full, so waiting till Sunday evening when it should be mostly empty.

"I was fucking banned on BOM a few days before DH2 passed a billion. That slut, Algren. He pretended to be someone else while trying to provoke me."

Actuall to be fair, you got way to crazy over DH2 and many over TF3 as well.

It was the last war on the BOM boards...

DH2 did well overall, TF3 did not do well domestically but blew away all expectations overseas.

Edited by Lordmandeep