75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

With $17.5m:5-day est tickets1. TDK: 28,739,5292. RTS: 26,958,3003. RTF: 26,351,4194. DMC: 25,878,9005. MTA: 25,623,0626. SM3: 24,733,0237. SM2: 24,543,0008. SM1: 23,380,5009. TMR: 23,116,30010. DH2: 22,144,635

Two questions - do those estimations take into account things like discount Tuesday where admissions are high, yet gross is lower 'cause of discount price and the fact that during weekdays the 3D % is lower than during weekends? (At least that's what people are reporting.)Just curious. :)Thanks.

But how is the size a problem? The Avengers main topic itself is like 700 pages... :P

Like I said, this is just a test run. If anyone has ideas or suggestions, please share them in the Help Desk forum. There are going to be kinks to work out and we always welcome input and new ideas. We just need something a bit more organized than creating 30 new threads every month that end up dying off and not getting archived. That ends up translating to over 360 threads per year that end up as junk in our database.

You could always wait for a daily thread to die before merging it into an archive thread.

explain how having a bunch of daily threads that occasionally go off topic is better than one giant thread that does that

Because it's more difficult to find the start of the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday posts. Unless someone adds links on page 1.
  • Like 1

Two questions - do those estimations take into account things like discount Tuesday where admissions are high, yet gross is lower 'cause of discount price and the fact that during weekdays the 3D % is lower than during weekends? (At least that's what people are reporting.)Just curious. :)Thanks.

I agree. We won't know the daily percentages anyway so it will be very difficult to get an accurate prediction.

A 10% discount in prices and a 10% increase in 2D share for a $17.5m Tuesday would give it a 25,885,732 5-day.

I'd say next Wednesday at the earliest.

I think it will be at 370 by the end of the weekend. It should overtake THG by Tuesday at the latest.

Avengers: 244 millWed: 14.5 (-17%)Thurs: 13.2 (-.08%)271.7 millFri: 31.7 (+140%)Sat: 45.3 (+43%)Sun: 31.8 (-30%)108.8 mill380.5 millTHG is done as of Monday. That's about an 11 mill Monday...it should hit 400 on Tues.

• Like 1

I think it will be at 370 by the end of the weekend. It should overtake THG by Tuesday at the latest.

Couldn't it be 375M+ What are you expecting for Wed/Thurs? With a 100M+ 2nd wknd 375M+ should happen.