grey ghost

How much will Avengers' success help or hurt the Marvel Studio solo films at the B.O.

Will people only settle for epic Avenger movies and skip the solo films?Or will the popularity of the Avengers movies increase the popularity of the solo films?(I know it's yet another Avengers thread but I felt this was a worthy topic for discussion.)

I'm going to say it helps them quite a bit. I'll bet many people will also check out the previously released solo films. Wouldn't shock me if they all have $100+ OW.The 2nd films tend to be better quality too since the "origin" stuff is out of the way...that should make for a higher tomato-meter score.

It helps them all.IM3 should be eyeing a 140M+ OW, CA2 and Thor 2 should be eyeing 100M+ OW each, The Incredible Hulk 2 (If it happens) should do what was expected of the first, 75M-ish OW, over 200M+ finish.This is win/win for Disney/Marvel.

Edited by Cheesy Poofs

I'm going to say it helps them quite a bit. I'll bet many people will also check out the previously released solo films. Wouldn't shock me if they all have $100+ OW.

The 2nd films tend to be better quality too since the "origin" stuff is out of the way...that should make for a higher tomato-meter score.

Yup, all the Marvel Studio films are currently best sellers at Amazon.

That can't be bad for future solo films.

It is too soon to say but I think since Thor and Cap only made around 180m ea, they have lots of room to grow. Obviously none of the films will be as big as Avenger group films but they all will grow from the huge exposure and all the new fans TA provided.

I think it going to help out a lotall of 100m+ OWIM3 150m+ OW

Not sure about CA2 but Thor and IM will for sure be 100-150 mill blockbusters

It will increase now only on the goodwill of The Avengers, but these films will be the first to have the Disney name front and center: if you thought Disney marketed the hell out of this movie, wait until they have every aspect of merchandise, ads, and the Disney marketing machine.

It will increase now only on the goodwill of The Avengers, but these films will be the first to have the Disney name front and center: if you thought Disney marketed the hell out of this movie, wait until they have every aspect of merchandise, ads, and the Disney marketing machine.

I dunno, they missed the ball with John Carter. Maybe they should keep whoever marketed Avengers.

I dunno, they missed the ball with John Carter. Maybe they should keep whoever marketed Avengers.

With JC, I got the feeling the Disney was never quite sure how to market it properly. They won't have that problem with the Marvel movies. If IM3 is back on the level of IM then it should see an increase. Same for Thor2 and Cap2. I'd like to see another Hulk movie, especially with the way Ruffalo played the character in TA.

I don't need Hulk in another solo movie. Avengers proves he's more interesting working with other superheroes.If he's used well in the next few Avengers movies I'll be satisfied.

If he doesn't get another solo flick, than I'd love to have more screen time of him in the next Avengers movie, since the crowd really enjoyed seeing him on the big screen.

Another Hulk movie could ruin all the momentum he's built from TA. He just doesn't seem to work in solo movies. Keep him as a supporting character in movies like IM3 and TA2 I think. They can definitely expand his role in TA2.

What I think TA really helps Marvel now is with the lesser known character, making them able to pull into that 150 range that most of the marvel solo movies make. Doctor Strange for example. When you get to plaster "Marvel's" Doctor Strange, and maybe even say he's one of the next avengers, it's going to help.

Definitely help, the more people exposed to these characters the better for the individual films, Thor 2 over 200m reaffirmed for me now, not sure how much it will help IM.