Lumos

Which potter film would you like to see remade?

So it's year 2020, and a popular visionary film maker has just expressed interest in adapting one of the harry potter books - not the whole series just one book. Which book would you be most interested in seeing adapted for a second time?For me it's easily OotP. The longest book=shortest hp film at the time?? Makes no sense. The DA scenes were done all wrong, St. Mungo's should have been kept in, Snapes worst memory needs to be redone completely, the score was terrible, the climax was a let down, Grawp needed to be cut out and some of the lines were absolutely cringe worthy..."boys and girls are not allowed to be within 8 inches of each other"? WTF? Is that supposed to be funny? I'm not laughing....blah i hated that film....yes there were a few good scenes i.e. the dual between Voldy and Dumbledore, but for the most part it was a huge disappointment.

Edited by Mr Potter
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Same for me: OotP.In order of my preference for remakes:1) OotP2) HBP3) DH14) DH2The first four films I have the fewest problems with, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't have liked to see other elements included or that I don't absolutely LOVE the final four films.

OoTP, even though I rank it ahead of CoS and GoF.A lot of mistakes in that film, but it did have really good characterization. The more I see HBP, the less problems I have with it. If it had been scored by someone else, then it would have been great. I don't know why DH1 would even be in consideration for a remake. Maybe more action during the Ministry sequence and a longer version of Hermione's torture, but it is an otherwise flawless and best adaptation in the series.DH2...I'd like to see the death scenes of Fred and Tonks/Remus...and a longer battle between Molly/Bella...but other than that, no qualms.I'd love to see GoF rebooted, actually. That film sorely missed the subtleties of the book far too often.

One of the most pivotal scenes for Harry as a character was at the end of GoF in the Hospital Wing where Molly hugged him and it was the first time he felt like he was being hugged by a mother. Small scene, but incredibly important. It was sad to read. Her hug, if I recall correctly, almost made him start sobbing.

Wow. Well not PoA, HBP or DH1 for sure.Gonna go with Deathly Hallows 2 as it left me most disappointed, but then the emotional impact of growing up with the trio would be lost.The best would be to remake Sorcerer's Stone. Nostalgia will be mostly gone but with the entire blueprint out, they could sure make it an insta-classic with the right actors, the original gets a little cheesy with the special effects and dialogue toward the end.If it were to be done, if anyone wanted to take on the task, and I'm not sure people would (10 years of tie-in) though I'd like maybe a bit of creative license and artistic liberty with certain scenes, characters, motives etc. Make some bits a little more dark and etc.

In 15-20 years they should make at TV-mini series of Philosopher's Stone. 4 episodes of about 90 minutes each. If successful every year a new series, let's say for christmas with the child-actors ageing appropriately.

• Like 1

Half Blood Prince, and then Goblet of Fire (even though I didn't hate the real version, it's my favorite book and think it could have been done better- why did they completely change Fleur's character?)

They didn't?

Just reboot the whole thing.

I have a better idea. Invest in original projects like District 9, Inception, Avatar, Prometheus, and Elysium. Rebooting an 8 film franchise in as early as 9 years? Give me a break...