CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

This is all I have to say to that...http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUifR06lmPw

:lol: :lol: :lol:PJ, the king of all Kiwis everywhere, is the world`s richest glutton. Once his Tolkien luck runs out, he`ll be on a rich obese people reality show together with some African kings, Arabian sheiks and other billionaire hippos. Edited by fishnets

I've been busy for a couple weeks but I LOVE that the Avengers is destroying everything. This will finish number 1 domestically with about 600-630 million this year IMO. WW it will be 1 or 2 IMO. Extremely happy for this movie.

Wow, it's crazy Josh's 1st movie flopped and his 2nd Movie is going to be one of the highest grossing movies ever. Crazy turn of events. Amazing weekend again. Soild drop too at 50%. So the question now is we know MIB3 is safe to win the weekend after this but can Battleship pull the upset and get around 50 million? also the Dictator will get some of The Avengers crowd so I think this weekend is going to be it's 1st real competition. Cause now after this point, everyone who wanted to see it has seen it, it's all WOM from here. Also R.I.P. THE DARK KNIGHT as the #1 Comic book adaptation. TA only has to get 160 million to tie. It was a good 4 Year run though. But that's where I think it stops. About 30 above TDK, I don't see it catching Titanic or Avatar.

Edited by filmscholar

Wow, it's crazy Josh's 1st movie flopped and his 2nd Movie is going to be one of the highest grossing movies ever. Crazy turn of events. Amazing weekend again. Soild drop too at 50%. So the question now is we know MIB3 is safe to win the weekend after this but can Battleship pull the upset and get around 50 million? also the Dictator will get some of The Avengers crowd so I think this weekend is going to be it's 1st real competition. Cause now after this point, everyone who wanted to see it has seen it, it's all WOM from here. Also R.I.P. THE DARK KNIGHT as the #1 Comic book adaptation. TA only has to get 160 million to tie. It was a good 4 Year run though. But that's where I think it stops. About 30 above TDK, I don't see it catching Titanic or Avatar.

Joss Whedon

A real question of strength now is if Avengers can reach $600 million domestic, or $600.8 million, beating Titanic's original $600.7 million gross.Wow, Cameron rereleased Titanic just in time to avoid Avenger's overtaking the total gross. But we could be dealing with some asterisks if Avengers just performs like Iron Man (2008) from this point onward.

A real question of strength now is if Avengers can reach $600 million domestic, or $600.8 million, beating Titanic's original $600.7 million gross.Wow, Cameron rereleased Titanic just in time to avoid Avenger's overtaking the total gross. But we could be dealing with some asterisks if Avengers just performs like Iron Man (2008) from this point onward.

Avengers can still surpass Titanic's total gross, even with the re-release.
  • Like 2

I don`t see what could stop TA from reaching at least $659 mio.

Battleship isn't touching 50m. Even if it did, Avengers would still win the weekend with 55m or better.

boxoffice.com has battleship at 50m.

It's touching 45M at most, and that's like at the very very most, most likely in the high 30s low 40s range. I don't see the buzz for this anywhere.