Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

33 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

So, likely no Imported Works will exceed ¥10B this year.

1. Suzume's Locking-Up (TOHO- ¥15B)

2. How Do You Live? (TOHO - ¥10B)

3. Conan 2023 (No hopes by TOHO but should happen)

4. SLAM DUNK (Toei - ¥10B / We - ¥6B-¥7B)

Precedent would say Mermaid could have a chance since Disney's LA films have performed great in the market, but with Disney's recent struggles and the difficulties of opening a black-led film in Japan it just seems unlikely.

• Like 1

Transformers Universe

Transformers (2007) - ¥4.01B

Revenge of the Fallen (2009) - ¥2.32B

Dark of the Moon (2011) - ¥4.25B

Age of Extinction (2014) - ¥2.91B

The Last Knight (2017) - ¥1.75B

Bumblebee (2018) - ¥872M

Full of ups and downs - how would Rise of the Beasts perform?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Don't forget this is 2022 not 2009. Also, WOM isn't equivalent to TGM

Japan isn't a leggy market anymore ? I thought i saw corpse say it was one of the biggest leggy markets. And despite the WOM not as great as Avatar, I think A2 will be a leggy movie, don't you ?

Just now, LPLC said:

Japan isn't a leggy market anymore ? I thought i saw corpse say it was one of the biggest leggy markets. And despite the WOM not as great as Avatar, I think A2 will be a leggy movie, don't you ?

Disney says it will somehow reach ¥10B (meaning that they won't make it go to Disney+ soon). But, with this number it is hard to believe that it will reach ¥5B either.

It's still a leggy market but flat decrease is tougher to get with passing time and increase is also possible only with admission privileges (which also help the film to soft drop) 

I don't except it to flop like other Disney Film but somehow hard to believe that it will do well with these numbers especially when it's Distributor top film of pandemic is jzt ¥2.16B (DS:MOM)

If Disney+ didn't exist we could have atleast being in state of relax for sometime but now it's just a period of embrassing and frustration 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Disney says it will somehow reach ¥10B (meaning that they won't make it go to Disney+ soon). But, with this number it is hard to believe that it will reach ¥5B either.

It's still a leggy market but flat decrease is tougher to get with passing time and increase is also possible only with admission privileges (which also help the film to soft drop) 

I don't except it to flop like other Disney Film but somehow hard to believe that it will do well with these numbers especially when it's Distributor top film of pandemic is jzt ¥2.16B (DS:MOM)

If Disney+ didn't exist we could have atleast being in state of relax for sometime but now it's just a period of embrassing and frustration 

So it will drop from $175M to $35M ... It hurts - $140M

Edited by LPLC