AniNate

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - 6/8/2012

The trailer for this one looks brutally awful, and I've seen it run on several movies and it never illicits anything but disdain from the audience. I have a feeling this one is going to bomb hard. I think Bee Movie is the lowest grossing Dreamworks animation film, but this one might give it a run for its money.

The trailer for this one looks brutally awful, and I've seen it run on several movies and it never illicits anything but disdain from the audience. I have a feeling this one is going to bomb hard. I think Bee Movie is the lowest grossing Dreamworks animation film, but this one might give it a run for its money.

Never going to happen. It's an animated kids movie coming out in the summer. It'll do 150 here and probably 500 mill overseas.

It's FLUSHED AWAY.

Never going to happen. It's an animated kids movie coming out in the summer. It'll do 150 here and probably 500 mill overseas.

You never stick up for animation, and then of all the animated movies to stick up for you go and pick the worst possible one? *sigh* Sometimes I just don't get you baumer. :unsure:

You never stick up for animation, and then of all the animated movies to stick up for you go and pick the worst possible one? *sigh* Sometimes I just don't get you baumer. :unsure:

I don't get Pixar films. I just don't. This one looks at least funny to me, and I think based on the history of the series, it will do very well.

Yeah but it also seems like he's actually rooting for this one to do well as well which I just don't get at all. I mean I can get that animation isn't his thing, but then to go root for an animated movie like this. WTF?

What's so wrong with this? It looks funny, not a pretentious film like Pixar tries to release.

If he likes Madagascar, he will be obviously rooting for it (I was rooting for Wrath, so who the hell am I to judge other people?). And is prediction is also realistic. It is an animation movie in mid Summer (Brave will cut his legs, tho). And it will be huge OS. No doubts about that.

Edited by CJohn

What's so wrong with this? It looks funny, not a pretentious film like Pixar tries to release.

Please it looks juvenile and something that DWA scrapped together in 5 minutes to make a quick buck. If Pixar films are pretentious, then at least they're pretentious films that have a helluva lot of effort and time put into them, and can connect with people of all ages. I just don't think I've ever seen you have a positive reaction towards any animated film, and then this is the one of all of them you go and have it towards. It just baffles me is all.

Please it looks juvenile and something that DWA scrapped together in 5 minutes to make a quick buck. If Pixar films are pretentious, then at least they're pretentious films that have a helluva lot of effort and time put into them, and can connect with people of all ages. I just don't think I've ever seen you have a positive reaction towards any animated film, and then this is the one of all of them you go and have it towards. It just baffles me is all.

Animation takes a year and a half to produce. I don't think they just threw this together.

Well, no obviously not the animation part isn't thrown together, but the concept, script, and story look very thrown together all in the name of making a quick buck off the franchise. Of course I haven't actually seen it, just going by the trailer, and the sequel. And to be fair Pixar can be accused of doing the same last year with Cars, but hopefully they've learned from that disaster and won't repeat it.