AniNate

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - 6/8/2012

I just don't understand. So many of you will tell me to keep my personal feelings out of my prediction for Spiderman and then some of you, most of you think this will tank. There's no way it does.55 OW165-175 total

I just don't understand. So many of you will tell me to keep my personal feelings out of my prediction for Spiderman and then some of you, most of you think this will tank. There's no way it does.55 OW165-175 total

Do their personal feeling dictate their predictions for this? I think it has to do with the fact that #2 fell DOM and it is hard for #3 to increase. Also some think that this franchise has reached its peak.

Do their personal feeling dictate their predictions for this? I think it has to do with the fact that #2 fell DOM and it is hard for #3 to increase. Also some think that this franchise has reached its peak.

Read how many people say it looks like shit or that they have no interest in seeing it.

I know that everyone here seems to be excited about Prometheus, but I think based on the success of the 2 previous Madagascar movies and the fact that Prometheus is R-rated and seems somewhat like a horror movie, Madagascar 3 has a chance. That would be an interesting turn of events since everyone here is focusing on Prometheus and giving no attention the very successful Madagascar franchise.

Madagascar isn't that popular really, domestically. It's like Ice Age. Solid in the US. Huge OS.Madagascar 3 will drop from number 2, imo, to around 175m. I don't see why a kids films would effect an adult film...They're two completely different audiences.

I'm not entirely sure what an upset would be but if you are asking if Madagascar 3 can make more than Prometheus, then I would say yes. It is entirely possible that its opens higher and has better legs, but I probably wouldn't call it an upset. Two completely different films that share nothing but a release date, they should be able to co-exist.I see Prometheus doing XMen FC numbers and Madagascar 3 matching the previous entry.