Impact

Best score-2012

From what I heard, my preds:Life of Pi (great score from Danna)Argo (great also from Desplat)Lincoln (master Williams cannot fail)Hobbit (Shore's score is amazing)Brave (very good score from Doyle, but the most vulnerable of my preds)Possible spoilers:Best Exotic Marigold (never underestimate Newman)Zero Dark Thirty (not heard)Souther wild (they like scores like that, it's fresh)Anna Karenina (unheard)The impossible (moving score from Velazquez)I really can't see The master being nominated.

Almost everything made the first cut. Moonrise kingdom is the only major omission I can recall.Anyways, I'm constantly listening to every score that is awards worth and is available at Spotify. Lincoln and Pi are almost locked, IMHO. We have three spots left. One for Desplat (which one, Argo or ZDT?). I still haven't heard anything of ZDT. I think the fourth spot will be for an epic / traditional score (The Hobbit / Brave / Anna Karenina / The Impossible), and the last spot will be for a minimalist / experimental score (The Master / On the road / Beasts of the Southern Wild).Knowing what the composers branch like the most, I'm guessing The Impossible and Beasts are the nominees. The Master is too noisy for their taste, The Hobbit is too reminiscent to LOTR, Brave does not have an instant classic leit motif.I'm begining to listen Cloud Atlas score.

That music for ZD30 is good and atmospheric, but it's not something good for casual listening.Just bought The Hobbit's soundtrack off iTunes. It's definitely similar to LOTR (and why wouldn't it?) but there's some strong new material for sure.

I hate The Master. I liked my predicts when it was thought to be inelligble but there are like 1 spot left out of 4 or 5 conceivable snubs. It hurt to take Cloud Atlas for ZDT. LincolnAnna KareninaThe MasterLife of PiZDT