• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

TRAILERS:

-Madagascar 3

-Ice Age 4

-Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Meh. Call me when the trailer for Spielberg/DDL's film hits.)

-G.I. Joe: Retaliation ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

-Brave

-The Dark Knight Rises

REVIEW:

Films that reportedly cost $300M to produce aren't supposed to be underdogs, yet that's how Men in Black 3 feels to me. No one expected anything worthwhile from this franchise after a dud sequel, a ten-year hiatus and widespread reports of a messy production with an unfinished script... and then you factor in Sonnenfeld's uneven filmography, Tommy Lee Jones being 65 years old, and Will Smith retreating to familiar ground after making in-roads to serious acting.

But sometimes it's good to take a break from ambitious pursuits. Sometimes it's good to bring seniority to the table. And sometimes -- as a little film called Jaws already proved in 1975 -- filming without a script can actually work out in the end. No, MIB3 is not as good as the film that codified the summer blockbuster, but it is more enjoyable and respectable than many franchise sequels that followed in the 37 years since.

They might've filmed without a full screenplay, but not without a strong narrative throughline. This adds an unexpected emotional resonance to the storyline without weighing down the popcorn thrills and laughs. Will Smith and Jones are as good as ever, but Josh Brolin is the standout. Boris is a much stronger villain than whats-her-cup-size from the previous sequel. The action setpieces are fairly engaging and possess a crafty awareness of the surrounding environments rather than going for unsophisticated chaos.

This is an excellent way for the troubled franchise to go out (at least until the inevitable reboot).

B+

• Like 1

The apocalypse is upon us. I disliked the first and hated the second. The third is one of the best films I've seen this year. More later.9/10

Haha, wow I will be catching this today and hope I'm pleasantly surprised like you. Also, if the same thing happens when you see TASM and Brave then I'll definitely believe the mayans were right :lol:

The fact that the film is better than MIB2 does not mean it's a good film.

There was simply nothing about this film that I would call "good." Will Smith was quite frankly awful, and come across as annoying to me the whole movie. Tommy Lee Jones may as well have been acting from a coffin. It's not very funny, the action was poor, and there was way too much talk for a film that didn't have the complexity it thought it had.

This is a trilogy that should have never had a sequel to begin with. One can only hope this is the last we'll see of the MIB series.

C

The idea that I have to justify my comments, review style, and the grade associated with it is hilarious.Good taste doesn't grow on trees boys, if only we all could be so lucky.

This has nothing to do with your pretentious taste. If you're going to give something a C, then at the very least point out the positives, or else it'll sound like a D review.
  • Like 1

Saw it yesterday, me and my ladyfriend both found it enjoyable an fun. In fact, much of the time travel line was as nice as in Back to the Future, even if MiB3 has less drive (and no - ok, little - romance). The villain was a bit by-the-numbers and too easily destroyed, but I loved about everybody else. The film works as good as it does because a lot of screentime was given to the characters themselves, often their faces. There were some money shots in the effects department but most of the film would have worked just as well with a low budget. Worthy entry in a franchise I had thought dead!

I barely remember the first and didn't even watch the second one, I hadn't interest in this third movie and the trailers also not helped. The good reviews on RT surprised everyone.The movie is surprisingly good and has a heart which is everything in a movie.In the technical aspects, effects (despite the trailer) and the soundtrack is good and the movie is visually impressiveThe script is average, which is saved by the E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T performace by Josh Brolin and Will Smith always good in his roles, the villain is good (and might scary some kids).the climax and the final twist is the perfection.B+/A-8.5

Smith and Jones (for the 10 minutes he was in this) were both on autopilot the whole movie. The first half hour was actually pretty terrible. But then it gets to the sixties and it turns itself around- we get fun performances from Brolin, Stuhlbarg and Hader, and the ending packs an emotional punch that worked against all odds for me. Jermaine was a lame villain, though. I just hope he continues to get big roles.

• Like 1