39 members have voted

1. 1. Grade MIB3

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I can barely remember the first two MIB films, but I loved this one. Just a fun and occasionally hilarious film. When Emma Thompson's character gave the eulogy, the audience erupted into laughter. It was so fucking funny. Sure, the villain is kind of lame at times, but it's still really enjoyable and the visuals were fantastic.

A-

• Like 1

The worst thing at the start of the movie was Emma Thompson's eulogy to Z. I don't think a single person in the audience laughed at that.

When Emma Thompson's character gave the eulogy, the audience erupted into laughter.

A-

I didn't have much of an audience, but I don't think there would've been much laughter if there was. It went on for too long and was so bizarre.

I really liked Michael Stuhlbarg in this, very fun character ("Uh oh, this is the one where...") and just like in Hugo, he projects this wonderful and palpable empathy and sweetness. They really used him to great effect to heighten the emotional punch of the ending and I loved his bit at the baseball stadium. Well written and entertaining character and Smith really played well off him.I went in to the movie expecting Brolin to be the highlight for me and instead it's Stuhlbarg, who I didn't even know was in the film. Go figure.

Edited by BiffMan
  • Like 1

This was pure popcorn fun. Will Smith isn't really leaving his comfort zone, but he's still fun to watch, and Josh Brolin is just awesome. A few solidly funny bits in there, but mostly some mildly funny stuff. There were also a lot of in jokes in here, which I enjoyed.

B

Fun but it just might be the most forgettable movie in history of filmmaking I can't remember nothing whatsoever before the time travel other than escape from the moon and restaurant shootout 6/10 There are plenty of worse films out there for sure

Saw this the other evening, and I was pleasantly surprised. :)

What I really didn't expect was that I would find it so funny. I laughed more during this than I have during any movie I have watched for years. Now I should say that, as a rule, I don't watch comedies in the cinema (or much at home either) because I rarely find them to be funny. Plus let's face it, most comedies, if you're not laughing, are bad films (yes, I'm generalising :P ). But this seemed to be getting a laugh a minute from me!

I thought Josh Brolin was brilliant as the young K. He got all the mannerisms down exactly, and the voice! I think every time I see Brolin in a film he is playing a totally different character (and well). Probably one of my favourite actors these days.

It wasn't perfect of course, the plot line was silly, the villain was pretty lame, and I didn't really like Griffin as much as others here seemed too (he just came off as slightly annoying to me).

All in all though, an enjoyable trip to the cinema.

My rating: 8/10

As much fun as I have had in a cinema in a long long time. Really very very good and if it wasn't for the fact that MIB is one of my favourite films period, I could almost have said this was the best of the three.I was never expecting an MIB 3 especially a great MIB3 yet now I find myself wanting MIB4 :)A

Pretty good, the main reason to watch is Josh Brolin as he is perfect as the younger K. Will Smith does his usual thing, some of it worked and some of it didn't, Tommy Lee isn't really in it this round. Emma Thompson was wasted and had the biggest WTF moment in the film, Jemaine Clement seemed to think he was in a much darker film than he was, he totally felt out of place to me, but overall it was pretty good, had some laughs and gave Will Smith another $600M plus WW B.O. hit.6.5/10

the main problem I had with this is that they didn't write out Tommy Lee Jones K and replace him with Josh Brolin's K in the end (I heard in an original ending that is what was supposed to happen). I think they really should have. I love TLJ, but he looked utterly disinterested in his role either. You can tell he didn't care in the slightest. Replacing him with Brolin permanently is the way to go if they want the series to go on

MIB was good. MIB II was a complete disaster. MIB III is well....good. It's nothing remarkable, its nothing memorable  but it gets the job done as a light-hearted non-offense popcorn movie. 

A good movie if you just want to turn the old brain off for a few movies.

Edited by Phil in the Hobbit