baumer

Ideas about GI Joe: Now top 11 and top 6 for dom OW

This is an unprecedented event in the game. Never has a film moved from it's slot with a month to go before it's launch.

It screws up our game immensely. I have an idea as to how I'd like to handle this but at the same time, I'd like your opinions as well.

The way I look at it is that anyone who has GI Joe in their top 12 and as an answer for other questions in the game, should be allowed to change it. But then again, that's not completely fair to those who do not have GI Joe in their top 12, although there are few of you.

You wouldn't be able to change your gross for any films, but you would be able to add a film in the number 12 spot, which means all of your films rankings that fall under Joe would be bumped up one.

I'd like thoughts on this.

This really pisses me off.

The Dark Knight: 54

The Avengers: 54

Spiderman: 54

Prometheus: 54

Brave: 54

Men In Black 3: 54

Snow White: 53

Ice Age 4: 53

Madagascar: 44

GI Joe 2: 44

That's a lot of players....81% of the players to be exact

I think that's the only reasonable solution we have. We wouldn't have put it on the list if it wasn't on the schedule in the first place, so there's no valid argument against it IMO

Edited by acsc1312

I don't think there's any valid argument against it either. But I'd like to hear from as many people as possible. This is a very big fubar situation and it will change the face of the game. So we need to hear from people.

I'm not playing in this years game, so I think that would actually give some merit to my opinion since I don't have an investment one way or another.81% of the players put Joe in their top 12. To be honest, that is an uber-majority. The only fair thing to do would be to allow players to pick a new number 12, or amend the rules to be top 11 choices this year and drop either Joe or the 12th choice for players that didn't put Joe.

I had to read the imdb fb post a few times to understand it. I thought they were talking about the next one

And the funniest thing is they are doing it to convert it to 3D. So that will cost them about 15 mill plus another 35-50 mill in marketing come March. Where is the logic in this? Do they think WW 3D will bring then in another 150 mill? There's no way.

I say start a new thread where everyone who has it in their top 12 just posts a new movie as #12But I'm one of the 44 so it's probably better to let the other 10 weigh in

I'm not playing in this years game, so I think that would actually give some merit to my opinion since I don't have an investment one way or another.81% of the players put Joe in their top 12. To be honest, that is an uber-majority. The only fair thing to do would be to allow players to pick a new number 12, or amend the rules to be top 11 choices this year and drop either Joe or the 12th choice for players that didn't put Joe.

Yes, that is interesting as well. Just have a top 11. That could work.

And the funniest thing is they are doing it to convert it to 3D. So that will cost them about 15 mill plus another 35-50 mill in marketing come March. Where is the logic in this? Do they think WW 3D will bring then in another 150 mill? There's no way.

They must think they'll get an Avengers-like 3D bump or they're just scared of being totally annihilated the rest of the summer. Or both.

Yes, that is interesting as well. Just have a top 11. That could work.

This has my vote - because I mean lets face it, we've had nearly a month to see marketing change and tracking move up and down for some of the "smaller" flicks and there fore have a bigger advantage in choosing our new #12 than if this had happened before the game started.By dropping the 12th film for the other 10 players then it just puts everyone on an even keel and keeps the game going as if nothing happened.Maybe next year Baumer you should consider having everyone submit an alternate #13 incase this strange malarkey happens again....
  • Like 1

Re: Top 11 at first I didn't get it but it seems fair. Although predictions would've changed if GI Joe 2 didn't exist.I think we wait it out a little? I know Ted took its place but it's still early for Total Recall/Bourne Legacy/Expendables 2 to try and nab some spot. Amazing Spider Man could also move. It could be a clusterfuck.Paramount are stupid. As baumer said, GI Joe 2 has already spent at least $30m on marketing and converting will cause another additional unnecessary $10-15m to the budget and they lose summer weekdays. I think it's an awful, stupid, short-sighted move.I can't believe it happened. ARGH!