99 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Prometheus

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

i sort of enjoyed it, despite the characters, dialogue and pretty much all the attempted intellectual stuff being all over the place.

i am thoroughly unconvinced by any robot which is advanced enough to be able to interact with humans without a blink of abnormality, yet is seemingly unable to understand the 'concept' of emotion. as if emotion were innate to organic species, just because. or perhaps it's merely one more module of source code that needs to be programmed, rather than a side effect of complex thought processes. it all seems philosophically incoherent to me. the film itself is mildly engaging depsite shit dialogue.

4.5/10

i sort of enjoyed it, despite the characters, dialogue and pretty much all the attempted intellectual stuff being all over the place.

i am thoroughly unconvinced by any robot which is advanced enough to be able to interact with humans without a blink of abnormality, yet is seemingly unable to understand the 'concept' of emotion. as if emotion were innate to organic species, just because. or perhaps it's merely one more module of source code that needs to be programmed, rather than a side effect of complex thought processes. it all seems philosophically incoherent to me. the film itself is mildly engaging depsite shit dialogue.

4.5/10

:lol:

The dumbest characters ever written, the dumbest crew, the dumbest script, the dumbest prequel, the dumbest everything.

The Apes at Weta Digital would have done a better job at first contact than this team of morons you see in the movie.

Actually not that bad it's a better prequel than AVP. I really liked this scifi horror flick about them going to try to find out who actually created them and then how the whole Alien thing began. The 3D is pretty good(Saw it in the theatre), the acting isn't too bad, and the special effects is pretty good especially the ending. Pretty cool movie overall. Grade:B+

Prometheus is a tremendously silly film. The unfortunate thing is it doesn't recognize this until the last half hour of the film. Up until that point, it's painful to watch thanks to its moronic characters making constantly stupid decisions and unearned self-importance while dealing with heavy themes at a high school level of understanding. Only Michael Fassbender's scenes are watchable, as he embodies David with an alluring enigma that truly captures the audience's attention.

However, once the last half hour hits (beginning with a thrilling surgery scene), the film embraces its schlockiness and becomes actually entertaining thanks to ridiculous setpieces and archetypes paying off in typical, yet satisfying ways. The cast outside of Fassbender is wasted on the paper-thin roles and Pearce's sheer presence doesn't work at all, not even in a fun sense. Scott directs it all with panache; it's really just the script that lets him down horribly. Prometheus certainly isn't a good film, but if you stick with it long enough, it becomes a decent blockbuster, although one that's still a disappointment considering the talent involved. C-