lilmac

Is anyone else tired of Johnny Depp's caricature movies?

JD has made Tourist, Public Enemies, Rum Diary, and other movies in the last decade where he plays 'human' characters. With that said I feel like he is overdosing on caricatures. My favorite Depp movie the last 10 years is Finding Neverland. I want more of that Consider the last several years: 4 POTC movies, Alice in Wonderland, Chocolate Factory, Dark Shadows, Sweeney Todd and Lone Ranger (2013).

i'm mad for johnny depp, he's gotta be one of ten actors whose entire filmography i've seen !i love his quirky roles , the weirder the better but agree his serious roles are win too, for example finding neverland i figured mehhh a story about peter pan author only because of johnny did i watch it, afterwards i thought the movie was excellent and he deserved that oscar nod.i love his more obscure roles!he's absolutely great in sweeney todd, hilariously funny in sleepy hollow, and he was soooo cute in his early films like cry baby and edward scissorhandsyeah not tired! never! but i confess to being biased 100%

I'd like to see him tackle more serious roles. As inspired as his work in the first Pirates of the Caribbean was and as much fun as he seems to be having playing weird characters, I'd like to see him do something more in the vein of Ed Wood or Finding Neverland again; even something like Public Enemies (which was a solid but not really accolade-worthy performance) would be welcome. He's still very talented when he's playing it straight, and it would be a nice change of pace from all the odd high-profile stuff he has been doing in the last several years.

No, I'm not tired at all

He's the best in what he does...and no one can do what he does better than him! ^_^

There are great actors and movie stars playing serious characters -_- ...you have Leo playing dramatic roles; George Clooney playing himself as no one else could! :D ; Brad working with great scripts, etc, etc...why do you want Johnny doing exactly the same that the 99 percent of the actors in the world? just for the satisfaction of whiners that when he does normal characters, they never go to see it? ("Rum Diary"? "The Libertine"?) <_<

I think DS is a special case...a mediocre movie in between a big blockbuster sensation (Avengers) with a very bad (and late) marketing...not everything can be attributed to Johnny's characters! -_-

Depp is my favourite actor of the last 20 years and i respect that he succeded by taking roles that demanded him looking ugly and weird (instead of playing the prety boy like some other actors of his generation) but i think that dark shadows was the last straw . Both him and Tim Burton should have showed more respect to the character of Barnaba Collins and i am glad that it flopped at the B.O.He should stick to Jack Sparrow , when it comes to weird roles .