rockNrollaDIM

Fri: SW 20.3m; MIB 8.3m; TA 5.65m/Sat DHD: SW 21.5m; MIB 12m; TA 9m

If the rumored $175m budget on this movie is true (and God knows how much they spent marketing it as well), $50m opening isn't good. The low tracking might have made people think it's a good opening, but you have to look at the budget. What are the odds of this having the kind of legs necessary to make a good profit? Not good.

Edited by redfirebird2008

If the rumored $175m budget on this movie is true (and God knows how much they spent marketing it as well), $50m opening isn't good. The low tracking might have made people think it's a good opening, but you have to look at the budget. What are the odds of this having the kind of legs necessary to make a good profit? Not good.

As much as it pains me to admit, reviews and WOM don`t indicate great legs. Maybe OK but that`s the ceiling. Edited by fishnets

A ) Baumer wanted to have the last word B ) Avengers is no longer #1 so no point in discussing itC ) 881 pages is the limit :poke:

LOL John Carter thread still open

I have to say kudos to Universal for putting out the lowball estimate as it makes the 50 estimated OW look like an incredible surprise. I don't think it will have legs though.

Nobody is surprised. They did they same thing last year with Fast Five.

Article from Variety. Same Info but I liked the quote from a rival studio exec.http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054911

Also starring Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth, "Huntsman" was critical for Universal, which just two weeks ago suffered through a dismal $25 million domestic bow for "Battleship." Reviews for "Huntsman," the $170 million-plus, 2D-only tentpole in the hands of first-time director Rupert Sanders, were mixed -- to put it mildly -- while early tracking also suggested a lack of interest among males. Still, "Snow White" accounted for half of Fandango's ticket sales Thursday and the late-night showings indicate Stewart's "Twilight" resume, combined with strong female tracking, appear to be working in the studio's favor."My little girls are dying to see this movie," one exec at a rival studio says, warning that the imminent arrival of "Madagascar 3" and "Prometheus" could take a bite out of Snow White's apple.Produced by Joe Roth, "Snow White and the Huntsman" launches today in 3,722 theaters Stateside and 45 territories internationally.