rockNrollaDIM

Fri: SW 20.3m; MIB 8.3m; TA 5.65m/Sat DHD: SW 21.5m; MIB 12m; TA 9m

Rope of Silicon, Box Office Mojo, Shawn at BOT, and barely over 40M we have Boxofficebuzz and Coming Soon, from the ones I remember.

okay but still. That's not most sites.

Everyone backed off higher predictions after UNI lowballed the movie. Even trade publications were talking about 40 million opening.

Most sites didn't have it under 40m. That's my point. I'm talking about under 40m.

I can see it now: "The film opened solid in spite of Stewart and thanks to Hemsworth."----Fanboys.Anyway, I saw the film and loved it. Even better than I expected, with just the right amount of action and emotion, and with amazing visuals. Whatever the budget was, it's all there onscreen.The cinematography, art direction and Fx are all top-notch.The way they did the iconic witch-gives-SW-the-poison-apple scene was different and original, and the also iconic kiss scene was also unexpected...let's just say I wanted to be Stewart at that exact moment. All three leads, yes, all of them, were genuinely good. None of them (yes, NONE) will be on any year-end best-of lists, but they did their job. I can't wait to see it again.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 3

What will be the next fairy tale to be LOTR-ized?- Beauty getting an armor to fight Gaston in order to protect her Beast?- Ariel getting an armor to fight the underseas fish-orcs of Ursula?- Pocahontas getting an armor to fight the leagues from the Old Continent?

A 50 mill opening for this movie is more than I thought it would do. And if the budget wasn't so ridiculous, it would be an excellent opening. A 50 mill gross for a movie that has no built in fanbase is quite good. But the budget hangs over them like the Sword of Damocles.

Well it's based on "Snow White" even if it's a different adaptation, Snow White is still a popular character so I wouldn't say it didn't have a built in fan base but 50 Million is a good opening but against 175 Million budget? Will this have Legs like that? It's looking more like a Robin Hood type of run from 2 summers ago. But 50 Million is not bad for this type of movie at all. "Mirror, Mirror" made what? 60 something Mil it's whole run? Sorry but Huntsman won the Snow White Battle with this weekend, the legs are my issue. Edited by filmscholar

Legs will depend on the WOM and the fact that this movie is geared towards women (or at least women are the most interested demographics). Summer movies that go for female demo usually have the best legs. Hell, even WTE is dropping better than TD and Battleship right now.

Edited by TLK

I wasn't being picky. I really don't know any more sites that predict the box office but okay :lol:

Popes stop predicting when the world will end, maybe websites will stop predicting the box office.

I wasn't being picky. I really don't know any more sites that predict the box office but okay :lol:

Well it's based on "Snow White" even if it's a different adaptation, Snow White is still a popular character so I wouldn't say it didn't have a built in fan base but 50 Million is a good opening but against 175 Million budget? Will this have Legs like that? It's looking more like a Robin Hood type of run from 2 summers ago. But 50 Million is not bad for this type of movie at all. "Mirror, Mirror" made what? 60 something Mil it's whole run? Sorry but Huntsman won the Snow White Battle with this weekend, the legs are my issue.

Mirror cost half though.

I can see it now: "The film opened solid in spite of Stewart and thanks to Hemsworth."----Fanboys.Anyway, I saw the film and loved it. Even better than I expected, with just the right amount of action and emotion, and with amazing visuals. Whatever the budget was, it's all there onscreen.The cinematography, art direction and Fx are all top-notch.The way they did the iconic witch-gives-SW-the-poison-apple scene was different and original, and the also iconic kiss scene was also unexpected...let's just say I wanted to be Stewart at that exact moment. All three leads, yes, all of them, were genuinely good. None of them (yes, NONE) will be on any year-end best-of lists, but they did their job. I can't wait to see it again.

YES, to all of this. <3
  • Like 1

ugh, if this had a 100M budget this would be so great, but I am happy with those numbers.I am dying to see this here in Brazil, I think I will take my entire family.

I took my dad and sister. My mom's a bore. >.< But my sis loved it, and my dad said it was okay. He actually found K-Stew extremely attractive. :D He was like "Charlize is one of a kind, but Kristen is just whoa." <3