Impact

Am I the only one on this site who finds Jonah Hill annoying?

I know quite a few adults who do, but this site seems to like him. Outside of his cameo in NATM2 and his small part in Walk Hard I just find him really annoying for some reason. I don't know what it is. His humor also seems immature to me.

Maybe it was after seeing the trailer for The Sitter that made me really hate him. And for some reason I couldn't stand him in Knocked Up, but that was probably just his character. (Though Seth Rogen plays a jerk in everything I've seen him in-yet I like him still)

I agree with Gopher: It depends on the movie. He's usually pretty good when he's playing a real, likable character, but Superbad aside, he's grating when he plays characters intended to be jerks or caricatures.I think the movie that convinced me he can act is the little-seen Cyrus. I actually think he gives a better performance there than in Moneyball, for which he was Oscar-nominated.

Nope, you are not. I couldn't believe he got Oscar praise for Moneyball where he just played a fat Michael Cera. I don't find him funny, at all. He peaked with his first hit, Superbad.

• Like 1

Nope, you are not. I couldn't believe he got Oscar praise for Moneyball where he just played a fat Michael Cera. I don't find him funny, at all. He peaked with his first hit, Superbad.

My statement was:"Let me get this straight. Jonah Hill gets nominated. But Jim Carrey never was"

Didn't see The Sitter but I've liked him most everything else I've seen him in.SuperbadGet Him to the GreekGrandma's BoyKnocked UpForgetting Sarah MarshalMoneyballand don't forget the voice work he did in Horton, HTTYD and Megamind.Haven't seen 21 Jump Street yet.He has The Watch coming up, which I think looks pretty funny.