Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

You are blind. She`s stunning only in heavily photoshopped pictures. In real life, her skin is horribly damaged by chain smoking. Those photos and vids from Wellington premiere were a disaster. She looked like a really old horse trying to eat an apple through a barb wire fence when she was smiling. You stop believing in photoshoot pictures because they are all heavy touch-ups. Age and unhealthy life-style haven`t been kind to her. She was fresh-faced in the first season of Lost but the moron had to smoke like a chimny. Serves her and all smokers right. Stupid people.

You have no right to accuse me of prejudice. I`m one of the most opne-minded posters around. I support gay rights, diversity,etc and just because I can`t stand Fat Kiwi Shit and his stupid Z-list cast that doesn`t make me narrow-minded. They suck. Also, I don`t have to see the movie to know that Katniss wannabe Elfette is a total Mary Sue, Philippa Boyens`s self-insert.

Stunning my ass:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was talking about J Law actually, not Lilly. I said she is stunning, but badly dressed by whatever wannabe gay she has on her team.. but thanks for the jealous rant. Its yet another to add to your collection of bitterness.

TF4 is sort of locked as it has to will make 300 million domestic, 250 million from China (Tf3 did around 175 million)and needs far less then 450 million from the rest of the world.

Well Tf4 is not locked but based on its performance of China, I cannot see how it doesn't...

It is a diminished Franchise but the release date allows it take over the world and actually with no Box office Monster like DH2 coming out, it is rather clear sailing.

Edited by Lordmandeep

As it should. Mark is a great addition and TF3 was a really good Bayhem. If Bay keeps the scale of mass destruction there`s nothing to worry about.

yh Mark is much better then shia so the new one will hopefully be better then the last two. It will break records in Asia and latin american a decline in NA will not really matter due to increases there!

"Why should TF4 automatically increase substantially in China?"

Well considering TF3 increased over 100 million from TF2 and this will be 3 years after TF3...

It should cross 200 million based on growing markets alone.

I think TF4 is pretty much setting up for an exact run of Pirates 4....

"Why should TF4 automatically increase substantially in China?"

Well considering TF3 increased over 100 million from TF2 and this will be 3 years after TF3...

It should cross 200 million based on growing markets alone.

I think TF4 is pretty much setting up for an exact run of Pirates 4....

Has the rate of expansion between TF2 and TF3 continued at the same pace between TF3 and TF4? I don't see how you can call $200m there a foregone conclusion at all.

It won't increase that much. That's beyond absurd. 

There will be a significant decrease in developed markets, and a reasonable increase in developing ones (Russia and a lot of other big markets are growing much slower now). 

Why should TF4 automatically increase substantially in China?

because chinese film market increase quickly10b 201013b 201117b 2012this year may be almost 20bnext year will pass 23bon the other way ,chinese really love transformers and james cameron' film I guess TF4 can get 1.5b (about $250m) in 2014maybe avatar 2 reach 2.5b in 2015/2016 Edited by cjk
  • Like 1

Is this a china co-production. If not SARFT will butcher the release giving it a smaller window. that will limit its potential.

I dont see a significant increase in developed markets for TF4. They never cared that much for the franchise. Its bread and butter will be Asia, Russia and Latin America.

Those 3 parts of international markets are enough to ensure $1bil a lock.

Those 3 parts of international markets are enough to ensure $1bil a lock.

I agree even with declines in developed markets it will be huge in latin America, Russia and China one of the biggest films ever released in these markets much like it predecessor. So a $1bil looks very likely due to this.

I think you guys have to remember what the popularity of TF is in China...

Its very very popular and as the overall market grows, so will the films likely gross...

Its why Pirates 4 still grossed so much overseas... It was due to 3D and expanding markets.