Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She's currently getting that indie hit with The Zookeeper's Wife so you lose, once again.

Nah, that's not a hit. She's a female Fassbender. GA will never warm up to her extreme coldness and off putting persona and she isn't that great or young enough to warrant winning the Oscar, especially when there are amazing young ingenues (a category most likely to win). It's OK to buy into hype and think she's the second coming, but she really isn't. I guess guys give her a pass cause she appeared naked but with a few really honorable exceptions, all actresses do that. 

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Nah, that's not a hit. She's a female Fassbender. GA will never warm up to her extreme coldness and off putting persona and she isn't that great or young enough to warrant winning the Oscar, especially when there are amazing young ingenues (a category most likely to win). It's OK to buy into hype and think she's the second coming, but she really isn't. I guess guys give her a pass cause she appeared naked but with a few really honorable exceptions, all actresses do that. 

Whatever you say, bro.

• Like 1

I'm re-reading the book, too.  Seems like the thing to do!  I really love how King writes children.  They feel so very real, which I think is difficult for a lot of authors to capture. Too often, kids get dumbed down or turned ridiculously mature for story purposes, but King seems to capture them well.  I love how Derry itself is as much a character as the actual characters.  I hope they capture that in the movie.   I'm curious how the 

Spoiler

time jump to the 80's will change things...the time period of the late 50's was so much a part of the book...but at the same time, I can see how the 80's would work, since it is still pre-cell phones and internet, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

The movie has been out for 27 years.:mellow:

Thats irrelevant. Not everyone has seen it. Spoilers are anything that isnt in the trailer. Youre discussing a plot piece from the book BEFORE the movie comes out.

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

Thats irrelevant. Not everyone has seen it. Spoilers are anything that isnt in the trailer. Youre discussing a plot piece from the book BEFORE the movie comes out.

So does this apply to every movie reboot based on books?

Guys this isn't new nor is it brain surgery. This is a movie coming out in September that many many people have seen (in 1990) and many many people have read the book. However there are just as many people who have not read the book or seen the TV series. So just leave it spoiler-free completely, please.

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not that I would be a part of it as I haven't read the book, but considering so many people want to talk spoilers maybe a spoiler thread should be made for the movie?

Now?

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

I remember us trying to make sure everyone spoiler-tagged book details about THE HOBBIT. It was published in 1937. For almost all books, even bestsellers, the majority of posters here won't have read them.

So what about the idea of opening up an IT spoiler heavy thread where people can openly talk about the details of the book and the TV series? That might not be a bad idea to do it now so we can keep that discussion out of this thread. What do you think?

Btw @baumer I'm thinking of reading It as soon as possible. I guess I could use it as my English novel study, but that thing is freaking long for an English assignment. So what would you recommend:

- read it now but I only get maybe 20 minutes a day

- wait 3 months for summer but read it over the course of a week

• Like 1

I honestly don't think you would be able to read it over the course of a week. It's not just that the book is long it is so freakin incredibly detailed that if you try to gloss over it you will miss so many details.

• Like 1

Okay guys we are going to open up a spoiler-filled it discussion thread. I will open it up in about 10 minutes and it will stay in the main forum for about a week or two and then once everybody gets the idea that it is there we will move it over to the Speakeasy for the duration of the summer until the film opens.

• Like 3

Just now, baumer said:

Okay guys we are going to open up a spoiler-filled it discussion thread. I will open it up in about 10 minutes and it will stay in the main forum for about a week or two and then once everybody gets the idea that it is there we will move it over to the Speakeasy for the duration of the summer until the film opens.

Awesome