Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

This could pay for prod and marketing budget using the domestic take alone. 

It's prod budget is 35m. How much would marketing be? 75m? That's a combined budget of 110.

Considering the studio gets 55% of theatrical, it needs a dom of 200 to break even, ignoring the OS and non-theatrical entirely.

Then the approx 33% of OS that the studio gets would be pure gravy and so would the entire auxiliary revenue be (tv, dvd, bluray, online, etc from os and dom).

Edited by a2knet

Checking back in... STILL no reviews?? Lol, this is getting embarrassing...

And why does the Shay even care about this movie? I hate horror movies, because I am not afraid of anything, and Stephen King has done nothing to impress me so far - how many chances am I supposed to give him?

Edited by shayhiri

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

It's prod budget is 35m. How much would marketing be? 75m? That's a combined budget of 110.

Considering the studio gets 55% of theatrical, it needs a dom of 200 to break eve

You are missing overhead (but put a big amount for domestic theatrical release), it depend how much Stephen King could get for something like this (I really do not know, maybe the rights were sold a while back during the tv series time ?)

But yes that should be the type of movie that would make sense with only domestic theatrical alone.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

And why does the Shay even care about this movie? I hate horror movies, because I am not afraid of anything, and Stephen King has done nothing to impress me so far - how many chances am I supposed to give him?

shoo_pirates_caribbean.gif

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

thatsbait.gif

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Word of warning: Hurricane Irma will affect this weekend at the box office. Southeast Florida theaters will be closed Saturday-Monday, and theaters more upstate will be closed Sunday-Monday. Don't be calling this a bomb if It has very bad holds on Saturday and Sunday :lol: 

This. I live in FL and people are already panicking. Anyone's guess on where that ends up if the current model stays the same. Could still be on Water or directly over South FL...could also shift towards GA and the Carolinas in the next few days (which would still leave it in the water all weekend)

So yeah....as of now, very worried about that but ready for the reviews later on tonight.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Man I really hope this isn't another POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales. The first reactions were really good there too and then the actual reviews came.

I'm super excited to see it regardless and have a feeling I'm going to really like it from every review I've watched from horror fans but I just want to see a good critical response.

6 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Man I really hope this isn't another POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales. The first reactions were really good there too and then the actual reviews came.

Very good call there, mate! This may very well be the case.

Edited by shayhiri

13 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I'm super excited to see it regardless and have a feeling I'm going to really like it from every review I've watched from horror fans but I just want to see a good critical response.

Probably not since it currently has an 85 on Critics Choice. I'd be shocked to see it under 70% on RT. 

Edited by Rman823