Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

6 hours ago, snarkmachine said:

Why are people being so anal? This is clearly not a movie whose box office is going to be primarily dictated by the reviews. It's not going to make much of a difference whether the score is 80% or 90% or whether it's sorted by top critics or just normal critics.

Yep, it's certified fresh....that's pretty much all it needed. TBH it didn't even need that. Getting good reviews everywhere.

Edited by somebody85

6 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

I honestly thought this movie would be around like a 50-65% rating when I first heard it was being made and even when I first saw stills of it. So the fact we are even thinking above 70% exceeds my expectations.

Plus, honestly I agree and take more from reviews on Youtube from people like Stuckman or Jahns and such as they tell it like it is. 

And they both loved it too. This film has been in my top 10 anticipated list all year. Not many other had it lol

Always good to get a ringing endorsement from one of the biggest stars in the world.  I wonder which project they are going to work on together.  

Before anyone even gets any kind of ideas, The Rock will not be one of the adults in the second movie.  He doesn't come close to fitting into one of the roles.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Always good to get a ringing endorsement from one of the biggest stars in the world.  I wonder which project they are going to work on together.  

Before anyone even gets any kind of ideas, The Rock will not be one of the adults in the second movie.  He doesn't come close to fitting into one of the roles.

David Katzenberg, one of the IT's producer actually directed The Rock's show "Ballers" on HBO. So I guess that's where the connection is, otherwise I doubt The Rock would give this kind of shout-out even though the dude is a professional sell-out. 

Pretty cool article.  Minor spoiler about the film....I mean really minor.  

Also, Muschietti reveals that he would love to direct another adaptation of Pet Semetary.  I would love to see that happen.  The original was in 1989 and it was one of the best King films, imo.  I'd love to see Muschietti take a crack at it.t.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/09/director-andy-muschietti-is-already-planning-an-it-sequel/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, We0uthere said:

David Katzenberg, one of the IT's producer actually directed The Rock's show "Ballers" on HBO. So I guess that's where the connection is, otherwise I doubt The Rock would give this kind of shout-out even though the dude is a professional sell-out. 

No, that's not the connection.  He said that he and Muschietti would be working together in the future.

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

No, that's not the connection.  He said that he and Muschietti would be working together in the future.

"we're gonna have some fun working together down the road."

That doesn't indicate to me that they're working on something, more of like I'm sure we'll cross paths because again David is a Producer and mutual of both, so it's highly possible he gets them on one project. The connection is with David.

"we're gonna have some fun working together down the road."

That doesn't indicate to me that they're working on something, more of like I'm sure we'll cross paths because again David is a Producer and mutual of both, so it's highly possible he gets them on one project. The connection is with David.

That's not how I interpret it.  He says we will have some fun working together, so how can you take that any other way?  He says he and Andy will work together down the road.

30 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Come on you know The Rock's working hard for the role of Ben :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

That's not how I interpret it.  He says we will have some fun working together, so how can you take that any other way?  He says he and Andy will work together down the road.

Because he says down the road which implies they're not working together yet. There is nothing that says Andy and The Rock have worked, whereas David is a director/producer of Ballers & IT respectively. He is the mutual so even if they know each other or worked on something which to our knowledge is nothing, David is the connection.. 

Anyways not arguing any further on this. Either way The Rock didn't just shout it out of nowhere so it's whatever imo. 

Because he says down the road which implies they're not working together yet. There is nothing that says Andy and The Rock have worked, whereas David is a director/producer of Ballers & IT respectively. He is the mutual so even if they know each other or worked on something which to our knowledge is nothing, David is the connection.. 

Anyways not arguing any further on this. Either way The Rock didn't just shout it out of nowhere so it's whatever imo. 

It's all moot.  I don't really care.  This is a thread about IT, not the Rock and Muschietti working together.  

Can't wait....I'm seeing it on Friday in the early afternoon.

3 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Any chance the weekend thread will start on Thursday, or is this not big enough for that? 

I'm starting to believe the $100M+ hype train you some of you guys are riding. North Shore Cinema never has sell outs for anything presale related since Rogue One. Let alone 2.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 3