Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

With a few more days to go before its Friday release date, “It” has already broken the record as Fandango’s #1 horror pre-seller of all time, eclipsing 2011’s “Paranormal Activity 3,” and the record as Fandango’s top pre-seller among September releases, beating 2016’s “Sully.”

According to a survey of more than 1,000 “It” moviegoers on Fandango:

• 96% have been looking forward to Fall’s fresher movie fare.
  • 91% are fans of Stephen King.
  • 89% were intrigued by the trailer.
  • 85% are excited to see “Stranger Things” star Finn Wolfhard in his big-screen debut. 
  •  73% saw the 1990 TV mini-series with Tim Curry as Pennywise.
  •  68% claim the lack of images of the new Pennywise increased their interest.
  •  Only 57% identify themselves as true horror fans.   

http://pro.boxoffice.com/shatters-fandango-presales-records-horror-movies-september-releases/

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Didn't think I would say that, but I'm quite excited for this even though I haven't read the book and thought the trailers looked like a lame rip-off of the already pretty lame show Stranger Things. 

Reviews, their power.

I hope you're joking about IT ripping off Stranger things.

16 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

With a few more days to go before its Friday release date, “It” has already broken the record as Fandango’s #1 horror pre-seller of all time, eclipsing 2011’s “Paranormal Activity 3,” and the record as Fandango’s top pre-seller among September releases, beating 2016’s “Sully.”

• 85% are excited to see “Stranger Things” star Finn Wolfhard in his big-screen debut. 

http://pro.boxoffice.com/shatters-fandango-presales-records-horror-movies-september-releases/

It's going to put some serious distance on these records. Tickets on Fandango going 80+ per minute all day

Obviously. I said it looks like one, not that it is one. Stranger Things is an 80's Greatest Hits - Family edition type of thing, so obviously saying It ripped it off would be insane (not to mention It was written IDK how many years before ST)

20 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

68% of the people who answered the survey are blind.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Obviously. I said it looks like one, not that it is one. Stranger Things is an 80's Greatest Hits - Family edition type of thing, so obviously saying It ripped it off would be insane (not to mention It was written IDK how many years before ST)

Off topic but I noticed a few UK critics (Guardian, Sun, Telegraph) recently discussing on twitter why Stranger Things is only good for 80's nostalgia and nothing else. 

I loved Stranger Things though.