Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm sure the hurricane will hurt it but studios and regular box office predictors alike always claim any slight weather hurts the movies. But yes I'm definitely going to factor the Hurricane into my predictions. The hurricane is probably the only reason I'm not predicting a hundred and going with 88 million instead.

I haven't been following this very closely and of course it can change but this seems to suggest hurricane won't hit Florida until Sunday/Monday now (if I'm reading it right) - https://weather.com/storms/hurricane-central/irma-2017/AL112017

• Like 1

Just now, Rumpot said:

I haven't been following this very closely and of course it can change but this seems to suggest hurricane won't hit Florida until Sunday/Monday now (if I'm reading it right) - https://weather.com/storms/hurricane-central/irma-2017/AL112017

I imagine people aren't going to be rushing out to the movies before it hits though because it sounds like it's going to be terrible.

7 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

It's expected to hit South Florida on Saturday/Sunday.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Wow, this is the third time this year I have whiffed by saying early reactions were overhyping. That happens every year frequently, so that's why I keep getting on it. But outside of outright obvious in advance stinkers  like TF5, Dark Tower, and Mummy, everything has gotten good reviews. Just a very well received slate. Even with the festivals,  almost everything has winded up good. Weird year, in a good way.

I get 2014 vibes from this year. Box-office wise it wasnt that good, but the vast majority of movies that atleast i wanted to be good, were great. On a quality level, 2017 has already eclipsed 2016 for me and it could go down as my favourite movie year in the 2010s, if it continues to give us the goods.

• Like 1

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

This is gonna be huge. I'm officially on the hype train.

See I thought it would be maybe a $30-40m OW until I saw the first trailer then I thought $50m but now I'm firmly in the $70-75m OW range. 

Insane that it'll be both the highest September OW and the highest OW for a horror film. Also if JL breaks the November record then WB will have six of the 12 OW records. 

• Like 1

70 is the floor here.  It needed good reviews to make that an established perimeter and now we have it.  Truth be told I think the window is HUGE.  Anywhere from 70 to even potentially 100.  It needs to hit 50 with previews and Friday to have a shot at it but I really think this is a perfect storm scenario.  Either way, WB has got to know they are about to have a historic weekend and the fact that they've kept the budget at 35 is just going to make this all the sweeter.  

Finally a weekend to look forward to.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎01 at 2:35 PM, langer said:

Hangover opened to mid 40's though 

Concerning the high OW predictions and clubs, what I'm seeing from the local theaters here in Birmingham AL is not a lot of showtimes.  It's not on par with the 100M-120M OW CBM.  These movies usually get 30-36 showings on Thursdays to generate their high OW.  IT is currently sitting at 12 and should bump up to 20 when all is said and done.  As far as Friday showtimes are concerned, only 27 showings have been confirmed so far while CBM that open in the 100-120M range usually have between 90 to 110 showings on Friday.   IT should bump up to 70ish when all is said and done.

I'm thinking 65-80M OW at the moment. 

So they bumped the Thursday to 14 showings, way under the standard 30+ that 100M$ openers we usually have.  As far as Friday, only 68 showings have been confirmed so far, but I don't think every theaters have finalized their schedule. 

I'm still thinking 70Mish OW. 

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I like Scott Mendelson, he's a good dude but he isn't my go to critic. I don't even read his reviews mostly but I do click on them to give him clicks. Him not liking a movie has no barring on my opinion on my opinion nor does that mean that it's reviews overall won't be good.

Scott Mendelson is a complete hack.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it-stephen-king-movie-box-office-1202548791/

This part is why you can't compare this to the general horror movies, I know so many people personally that don't watch horror but are going to watch this movie because of the coming of age aspect: It’s not just King’s involvement that’s stoking interest. Seventy three percent of respondents said they saw the 1990 TV mini-series with Tim Curry as Pennywise. The film is also reaching out beyond a core group of gore-fest diehards. Just over half of ticket buyers, some 57% of those polled, identify themselves as true horror fans.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it-stephen-king-movie-box-office-1202548791/

This part is why you can't compare this to the general horror movies, I know so many people personally that don't watch horror but are going to watch this movie because of the coming of age aspect: It’s not just King’s involvement that’s stoking interest. Seventy three percent of respondents said they saw the 1990 TV mini-series with Tim Curry as Pennywise. The film is also reaching out beyond a core group of gore-fest diehards. Just over half of ticket buyers, some 57% of those polled, identify themselves as true horror fans.

Yeah, everything is bad. Big flop is coming. Anything else?)))

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

This film so reminds me of Wonder Woman. The people who were craving bad reviews must be so devastated right now. I think 70+mil is for sure happening.

Was anyone craving bad reviews apart from maybe Kevin? Most of the reactions to the trailers were positive.