Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@TheDarkKnightOfSteel A great horror sequel is not unthinkable - James Wan did it with The Conjuring 2 - but that's awesome to hear. :)

Between Mama and especially this, Andy Muschietti has just entered the elite horror directors club that is bound to get big gigs from WB from now on, alongside Wan and David Sandberg.

Yeah i actually found TCJ2 better than the original.And like IT,both conhuring film worked because you care about the characters.Still C2 is the exception and not the rule.

He also directed Mama?This guy is awesome.

2 hours ago, snarkmachine said:

Trying to think of what DC superhero movie Muschietti could direct next. Maybe Black Adam given the Rock's effusive Instagram post a few pages back?

I feel like WB tends to 'promote from within' with its actors/creatives more than any other studio.

I believe WB offered him Justice League Dark and he almost signed but opted out because he is committed to the IT sequel.That being said,WB is a director friendly studio and after the inevitable success of IT i can see them working something out to get him on board with their biggest moneymaker.

2 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

That's good to hear. The strength of the book was the characters. The horror in the book came because we identified with the character so much and that is one of the things about the movie that I've been looking forward to. So I'm glad you feel this way about the film.

Actually,that's the film's biggest assett so if you are especially looking for this you won't be dissapointed.

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Is it too late to have Muschietti take over the Suspiria remake? 

He is commited to the IT sequel and apparently he is attached to a Dracula film with Paramount.After IT his schedule is gonna be pretty tight.Wan will dwfinwtly want to hit that for TCJ universe.Hey maybe WB will unite IT with Wan's universe.They will create the ultimate horror brand.

10 minutes ago, JB33 said:

It could be a modest hit but let's not get too carried away yet.

I think it could be a giant hit, over 350m WW type of mega giant hit and relative to the budget and how much point that cast/director are probably getting (I would imagine very little), depending on Stephen King type of deal he has (Sony gave 13.45m in participation bonus on , it could be one of the most profitable movie of the 2010s too, specially while mixing absolute profit and ROI.

Edited by Barnack

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Modest hit? This is looking at a +$70m OW. Is this just modest? It's blockbusterish numbers

At my theater (Denver) the  AMC Dolby is only 1/2 filled on Sat at 7:xx.  The IMAX has zero! tickets sold.  The Friday IMAX only has about 20 tickets sold.

I think the hype might not be as great as some here are predicting.... 

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

At my theater (Denver) the  AMC Dolby is only 1/2 filled on Sat at 7:xx.  The IMAX has zero! tickets sold.  The Friday IMAX only has about 20 tickets sold.

Personally speaking, I'm not sure why anyone would want to seek this particular movie out in IMAX. I doubt it justifies the extra cost.

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

Presales are monstrous. It has sold about x8 times what Annabelle did. More than Doctor Strange. I think that everything is indicating it will be huge. I mean it's freaking 80% at Movietickets already!!!

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Personally speaking, I'm not sure why anyone would want to seek this particular movie out in IMAX. I doubt it justifies the extra cost.

I checked the 6:45 & 8:15 showings in regular theater.

Fri - both about 1/2 full

Sat - total of 4 tickets sold

Maybe Denver doesn't like horror or there will be huge walkups....

However I personally believe that the the OW will be hugely front loaded and that it won't sniff $70M.

8 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Presales are monstrous. It has sold about x8 times what Annabelle did. More than Doctor Strange. I think that everything is indicating it will be huge. I mean it's freaking 80% at Movietickets already!!!

Also it's worth noting that iy has this kind of presales  even though  tickets for Thor are now available