baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

Wow... what's all this hate for TA? Is it because the movie you like isn't doing as well as you hoped, so you lash out at someone else's movie?

No, it's because a movie i find pretty forgettable is breaking $600m. I didn't start with the "lashing out" now, i have voiced my discontent here and there since it opened but unlike some others i'm not going on and on about how i don't like something.

(IMO).

Yes.

I have yet to see Prometheus, but the marketing makes it seem like Alien - kind of a sci-fi horror flick. Even if the movie is much more, audiences only have the trailer. And there is a limited audience for that type of film.

Agreed. Hence it's ridiculous to call a $50m opening disappointing.
  • Like 2

No, it's because a movie i find pretty forgettable is breaking $600m. I didn't start with the "lashing out" now, i have voiced my discontent here and there since it opened but unlike some others i'm not going on and on about how i don't like something.Yes.Agreed. Hence it's ridiculous to call a $50m opening disappointing.

Here here.

Well Decent weekend. "Prometheus" numbers for good for an R-rated film, it also had a pretty nice weekend overseas, let's see what the other R rated films do this summer, I bet you none of them will make "Prometheus" numbers. Maybe "Expendables" but I doubt that sees a 50 Million weekend. M3 is frontloaded which is a shock for a kids movie but the way this summer is playing out I'm not shocked. SWATH is crashing and burning fast. MIB 3 is holding better than expected but it's also crashing. TA drop was pretty good but it's losing all the steam now. Avatar and Titanic are not reachable at this point. The last and only goal left is 600. Historic and amazing run for a comic book film, It deserves it 100%, loved the movie. Overall average weekend.

No one expected that to happen. Well maybe BKB.

I don't think he even dreamed that big. He did get ridiculed to no end for his 550m prediction. I think that's what it was.