Neo

In The Heart Of The Sea | December 11, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 8

2 hours ago, Halba said:

this movie looks fucking terrible. i just bought my vouchers(to exchange for this movie) and i am no longer going to see it. I will exchange it for star wars instead. suck it up hollywood and stop messing up epic all time great books. Messed up unbroken and now this.

You better wait to see the reviews on Star Wars before switching your voucher. 

3 hours ago, Halba said:

this movie looks fucking terrible. i just bought my vouchers(to exchange for this movie) and i am no longer going to see it. I will exchange it for star wars instead. suck it up hollywood and stop messing up epic all time great books. Messed up unbroken and now this.

That's fair enough, Halba - after all, Star Wars is a full 14 minutes longer.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

yep! Liam is way better than Chris.

Ethan, why are we agreeing with each other today? It's not right, it's NOT RIGHT GODAMNIT.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2015, 11:03:32, Blankments said:

Just saw this at an advanced screening; will write a full review soon but two points:

1. For a movie that had an extra nine months of post-production, the visual effects were shoddy.

2. This is gonna bomb hardcore. It'd bomb anywhere, but with Star Wars the week after it, I wouldn't rule out a 65+% drop.

I thought the visual effects were great.  I assume most of it was filmed using green screen, but the waters and whales looked amazing.

However the 3D was unnecessary and maybe even a little distracting. Would have been nice to see the whales popping out of the screen.

I found it pretty entertaining. Not a great movie, but a good one.

• Like 2

So much wasted potential. Turned out to be a Disney version of The Revenant, I guess.

Really a shame cause very often one gets glimpses of what could have been.

Btw, I was disappointed by Hemsworth... I really thought he could carry a movie such as this. But he is one of the problems, I think. Wooden.

5/10

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

It'll take another five to ten Hemsbombs for people to stop throwing money at him. They're not that quick if your an attractive white male.

You hit the nail on the head right there.

In his case especially, as long as the Thor and Avengers films keep making money, the illusion that he is some sort of commanding film presence will continue. Once he is done with his Marvel work, that's when his real test begin. I can definitely see him in a well-crafted TV show, but who knows? He is hot, but he doesn't bring anything else to the table...he's had plenty of opportunities to prove that he is more than just a himbo, but he's failed so far...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blankments said:

Yeah, I'm starting to get sad this movie had the honor of being my first advanced screening... Hoping WB keeps this relationship with AMC; maybe I'll get Midnight Special or something next year

That's the problem/great thing with advanced screenings, you don't know what you're going to get. I've been extremely lucky this year with advanced screenings. Only been to 2, but they've been Mad Max and Creed.

14 hours ago, Blankments said:

Yeah, I'm starting to get sad this movie had the honor of being my first advanced screening... Hoping WB keeps this relationship with AMC; maybe I'll get Midnight Special or something next year

2 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

That's the problem/great thing with advanced screenings, you don't know what you're going to get. I've been extremely lucky this year with advanced screenings. Only been to 2, but they've been Mad Max and Creed.

Basically all movies will have a screening (except for maybe Star Wars).  You could probably go to a screening every week, maybe even twice a week.

Back when the film was first bumped from March to December, I suspected that unless Warner Bros was doing it as a major Oscar play, we had a troubled film on our hands. The 3D post-conversion - which reeks of desperation - basically confirmed that notion. It's ironic, too; even with the ominous decision to shift the release so far back, I was planning on seeing it in IMAX (if nothing else, the cinematography would look great on a giant screen) until the studio decided to do the post-conversion.