Neo

In The Heart Of The Sea | December 11, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 8

8 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

What was the original release date?? And yeah, releasing this a week before SW wasn't a very smart move..

It was scheduled way back for a March 13 release originally. I was already seeing marketing for it this time last year. The only reason I ever heard for the push back was to give it a better chance at the Oscars. Which I doubt happens anyways. So yeah, I think this release switch will end up a lose-lose situation all around. 

I wonder if this was moved back so far because they saw the epic floppage of Blackhat coming (it was even pushed back the week of that movie's release) and they feared a potential media backlash against Hemsworth in the event that this tanked (with articles like "Hemsworth Is No Star Outside of Marvel" and other such pieces). Although I suspect that the backlash is coming anyway.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wonder if this was moved back so far because they saw the epic floppage of Blackhat coming (it was even pushed back the week of that movie's release) and they feared a potential media backlash against Hemsworth in the event that this tanked (with articles like "Hemsworth Is No Star Outside of Marvel" and other such pieces). Although I suspect that the backlash is coming anyway.

The only rumblings I've heard have been negative on the film so maybe it was just a dump it in a weekend no one else wanted type thing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

if this gets good reviews then it could have good legs. 

And how will it do that with 4 new wide releases right after SW for XMAS? 3 of which have at least moderate hit potential, and 2 of said 3 cutting directly into its audience. 

Edited by MovieMan89

3 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

There isn't 1 thing wrong with the TV Spots.. The FX look Excellent and it's basically, the story of Moby Dick told a couple of times over including the one not too long ago with Patrick Stewert.. However, releasing this a week before TFA is insanity, as a matter of fact, releasing any movie around SW7 is a bad idea.. They should've just released this in Jan 2016 instead...

no there awful