Taylor

Weekend estimates pg 30 Brave 66.7

Okay this girl I went to HS with posted a pic of her next to the Brave poster, I swear she is who they used for the girl in Brave as the model. She looks like her.

Because unlike DWA movies, Pixar films have decent midnights and late night crowds. Notfabio reported that Brave almost tripled Abraham Lincoln's midnight take at his theater. Disney just doesn't report them. From their midnight-less Fridays, WALL-E and Ratatouille had scant increases, TS3 stayed flat and Cars went down single digits. I expect Brave to go up a little but still decline overall. Kids are all out of school, nothing's keeping them from going to the movies on Friday as opposed to Saturday.

Because unlike DWA movies, Pixar films have decent midnights and late night crowds. Notfabio reported that Brave almost tripled Abraham Lincoln's midnight take at his theater. Disney just doesn't report them. From their midnight-less Fridays, WALL-E and Ratatouille had scant increases, TS3 stayed flat and Cars went down single digits. I expect Brave to go up a little but still decline overall. Kids are all out of school, nothing's keeping them from going to the movies on Friday as opposed to Saturday.

I'm not sure about the rest of North America, but where I am the crowd that Pixar targets are still in school until next Thursday.

Other than parents that were not able to take their kids on Friday cuz they had to work. ;) I know what you're saying but I think it's gonna be pretty flat on Saturday as the parents are off work and the fan frenzy cancel each other out.

Other than parents that were not able to take their kids on Friday cuz they had to work. ;) I know what you're saying but I think it's gonna be pretty flat on Saturday as the parents are off work and the fan frenzy cancel each other out.

Add to that that Brave isn't anywhere near as adult appealing as Wall-E or TS3, hence why those two acted more like adult films than animated ones on their opening Saturday's, nor is it a fan rushing sequel like Cars 2. I think it can increase tomorrow.
  • Like 2

I'm confident this is skewing the same demographics that WALL-E did. Lot of families for both. The difference between a slight Saturday decrease and increase really means a difference between a weekend of 61m and 63m (provided 22m Friday sticks). So it's not that big a deal.

Add to that that Brave isn't anywhere near as adult appealing as Wall-E or TS3, hence why those two acted more like adult films than animated ones on their opening Saturday's, nor is it a fan rushing sequel like Cars 2. I think it can increase tomorrow.

But only slightly...still a lot of things working against it having a large increase at this point(The strong midnights like Goph reported being one of those reasons).

I'm confident this is skewing the same demographics that WALL-E did. Lot of families for both.The difference between a slight Saturday decrease and increase really means a difference between a weekend of 61m and 63m (provided 22m Friday sticks). So it's not that big a deal.

Wall-E alienated some family audiences almost immediately with the all silent first half. Hence why it has one of the worst Pixar multis despite being so generally acclaimed. It's arguably still their most "adult" film and it definitely had an adult audience that it appealed to. Brave isn't like that. It's much more family friendly like Nemo, Up, or Incredibles.

I'm confident this is skewing the same demographics that WALL-E did. Lot of families for both.The difference between a slight Saturday decrease and increase really means a difference between a weekend of 61m and 63m (provided 22m Friday sticks). So it's not that big a deal.

Yup, we're just splitting million dollar hairs. ;) It's still a typical Pixar opening.

It's much more family friendly like Nemo, Up, or Incredibles.

I don't know if it's that much more. I mean, things get pretty scary towards the climax, and on a more visceral level than the normal dark turns taken by Disney films around that time. Don't think it's enough to seriously impede word-of-mouth, though.